Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone,

I have found a manufacurer who has been in the wood/carbon fiber business for over 12 years and have spoken with them about the posibility of offering their product to the is300 market. I'm NOT selling anything... just seeing if you guys would be interested.

They do...

Real Carbon-fiber/leather steering wheel @ $650 w/discount
Real Wood/leather steering wheel @ $410 w/discount
Custom coat any hard plastic factory trim

This is real carbon-fiber or wood and not cheap-o cover stuff. They actually take the wheel appart, remove leather, install a wood core on the three sections where the CF would go, overlay real CF and apply 5 coats of epoxy. Then they put a 1/16 or 1/8 inch padding (your choice) and recover in new factory leather (your choice of colors). At the end, it looks bad-ass!

As for the carbon-fiber trim... they will coat any piece so that you'll have real CF-coated factory pieces instead of the stick-on stuff that looks like an add-on.

I want to know if you guys would be interested in this type of product before I go further. Your honest feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go to this link and click on "Carbon-Fiber" folder to the left.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/amr_elborai

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
onyx_is said:
Everyone,

I have found a manufacurer who has been in the wood/carbon fiber business for over 12 years and have spoken with them about the posibility of offering their product to the is300 market. I'm NOT selling anything... just seeing if you guys would be interested.

They do...

Real Carbon-fiber/leather steering wheel @ $700 before discount
Real Wood/leather steering wheel @ $450 before discount

This is real carbon-fiber or wood and not cheap-o cover stuff. They actually take the wheel appart, remove leather, install a wood core on the three sections where the CF would go, overlay real CF and apply 5 coats of epoxy. Then they put a 1/16 or 1/8 inch padding (your choice) and recover in new factory leather (your choice of colors). At the end, it looks bad-ass!

As for the carbon-fiber trim... they will coat any piece so that you'll have real CF-coated factory pieces instead of the stick-on stuff that looks like an add-on.

I want to know if you guys would be interested in this type of product before I go further. Your honest feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
CF steering wheels are available - Sewell in Dallas actually has them.
They're cheaper than $700, so you might want to swing by and take a look, they're nice!!

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
onyx_is said:
Everyone,

They do...

Real Carbon-fiber/leather steering wheel @ $650 w/discount
Real Wood/leather steering wheel @ $410 w/discount

Here's the picture:
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/bc/amr_elborai/vwp?.dir=/Carbon-Fiber&.dnm=2002-Lexus-IS-300.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t&.hires=t
The link isn't working, bro.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bk9 said:
onyx_is said:
Everyone,

They do...

Real Carbon-fiber/leather steering wheel @ $700 before discount
Real Wood/leather steering wheel @ $450 before discount

CF steering wheels are available - Sewell in Dallas actually has them.
They're cheaper than $700, so you might want to swing by and take a look, they're nice!!
bk9,

Yes, Sewel has them, but I'm talking to their supplier so we can definitely get them for lower than what Sewell sells them for... at least that's what the supplier told me. And I thought Sewell was selling for $900?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts