Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was hoping you could all lend me ur opinion. the choice is between the intense motorsport vented carbon fiber hood (its the single vent shown on the gold is) or the c-west hood. they both pretty much look the same to me except one is carbon fiber and one isnt. the carbon fiber hood goes for $695 and the c-west hood goes for $779. my car is black and i dont want it looking weird. i want it all to flow or fit in with the rest of the car, so what do u guys think will look best?

·
Registered
467 Posts
carbon fiber is all that but personally im not into hood pins and all. i like to keep it clean and stealth. if i was to change hoods i would go vented wit either the c-westin or hks fiberglass hood.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I was thinking of the cf vented hood too, but what will you do when it rains...water will get into the engine, mess up some belts...moisture and electrical components don't usually mix well....

what you could do is build some cover or something to slide underneath the opening when the weather gets bad...i was thinking lexan or something like that...but i have to admit it does look badass...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
matic- yeah the hood pins are a good point, it would kinda take away from the flow of the car.

cmondamnit- yeah i think that was all already discussed under a different thread and i think it only messes up your belts. they will warp quicker so u have to change them out more frequently but the covers are a good idea, or make some to plug in when u know its going to rain.

thanks for the reply's guys

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
hood pins might not be as nice looking...but it does protect the CF hood from flying off.....i would definitely recommand get hood pins

lexpression said:
matic- yeah the hood pins are a good point, it would kinda take away from the flow of the car.

cmondamnit- yeah i think that was all already discussed under a different thread and i think it only messes up your belts. they will warp quicker so u have to change them out more frequently but the covers are a good idea, or make some to plug in when u know its going to rain.

thanks for the reply's guys

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
another good thing about the carbon fiber hood is, it most likely wouldnt chip from stones i'm guessing, but for those who have them, does it do anything to the hood? it probably wouldnt be a noticable chip but does it make a little stone dent in the hood? thanks

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I personally like the Fiberglass hood alot better. To me all the carbon fiber hoods look cheap on MSM. Maybe its just me though :chill:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing