Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, installed pics of the CF sidemarkers I did. I thought the CF weave was the same as the lip hood, but it's smaller. Luckily, they aren't that close.

The reason: because I could, and to be the first. Someone's shaved sidemarkers, and some has painted/tinted them, but no one has CF'd em!!!

And just a teaser, to see what people think. I just taped it on before I actually commit. You're going to have to imagine what this might look like. GGP painted tails I think would look fantastic with this very subtle addition.

Now that you saw the pic a few things:

-I cannot CF the whole thing. Out of the question. Don't ask. Seriously.
-I taped it up, and once epoxied, the CF will be darker.

Thoughts, Ideas, Criticism?

Oh, standby for pics of the CF strut tower bar that I did actually installed in the car. There is a thread here with it on my floor for those who haven't seen.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i wonder how those tails would come out.
I have a spare tail that I'm actually going to try to see if it looks good and is feasible. The epoxy is self-leveling, so that may present a problem.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
looks awesome!

·
Domestic Reaper
3,025 Posts
like the sidemarkers. I never have cared too much about cf tail lights but if they aren't completely cf it just may look better. keep up good work man.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
good job nick.

LC +rep

make me a CF panel to replace the center radio and temp controls!! i have a big hole in my dash

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Nice work! I've thought about doing the inside of headlights and taillights already but I have no clue how to work with that stuff.

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
You have definitely mastered the CF technique. Just in time to try something unique on my headlights. ;) :approve: +rep

·
Registered
827 Posts
looks awesome!

·
Registered
152 Posts
just a thought, can you still see the marker blink through the cf? probably not right?

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
your headlights leaking nick?

I like the cf tail idea, Fig and I tossed this around for years now... I went to San Diego a few years back to see if a company could make me some inserts, but the cost was too high to re-sell.

d

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just a thought, can you still see the marker blink through the cf? probably not right?
Not really. I have cheaper CF cloth that isn't as tight, and you can see through, but it looks bad.

your headlights leaking nick?

I like the cf tail idea, Fig and I tossed this around for years now... I went to San Diego a few years back to see if a company could make me some inserts, but the cost was too high to re-sell.

d
No, my headlights aren't leaking, I sealed them before the paint completely dried, which takes a good 48 hours to totally dry out. It could be some condensation, I guess we'll see when I pull them out for my next project.

I'm definitely not doing a full CF tail, the cost is unreal, and not a DIY type of thing. The little insert though is kinda subtle, something you don't notice until you look close, I like leaving little surprises like that for peopl who are looking at the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts