Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell us how to properyl resurface the faded clearcloat on cf products? liek hoods, trunk, and eyelids, sometimes the clearcoat fades from heat or just normal driving.

besides paying a shop to reclear it for you and buff, what we we do with lets say polishing compound and a terry cloth, just to smoothen out those un-shiny areas?

id really appreciate it if any of you guys could share your experiences in this area. and im sure im not the only one whod really like this.

thanks a lot guys.

-Aaron

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I just got mine re-cleared. Looks a billion times better.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did u pay?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
onyxaltezza said:
how much did u pay?
The shop that did it also painted and installed my lipkit, as well as painted the sides of my hood. All that ran me about 800. Pricey for the quality of work I recieved. I will NEVER bring my car back there.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone one wanna do this lol

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No One?!

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
i offered you my help again and you go on starting a thread on how to do it??? Why oh why?? is everything in one ear and out the other?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i just wanted more feedback malek =]

·
Registered
180 Posts
feedback on what? do some research of your own and quit always feeding off of people or hoping they'll baby you all the way.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Use Turtle's Compound polish and a sisal buffing wheel. I usually have to re-polish my carbon fiber on my bike about every 6 months.

-Yamaha Dave

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh yeha i forgot u were the master of carbon fiber jason! =D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts