Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had thought about buying a PLP radiator panel, but I really wanted something that was a little more eye catching. I found it with the APR Performance Carbon Fiber Radiator Cooling Plate. I got the part about a week ago and just didn't have any time to get it on the car. I finally got around to it today and I am very happy with the product. The quality is great and the price is very good! The install time is about 5 minutes, just pop a few bolts off, put the APR plate in, and bolt it back up. It really adds to the look of the underhood since it is one of the first things you see.

Overall the price is right, the quality is great, and the CF look really adds to your underhood look. :) Check out www.aprperformance.com for more info!

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
I really liked APR CF Rad Panel, I actually sold it on ebay today after it sat in my garage since october after the accident :cry:

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
http://www.i-m-racing.com/cafiracois.html

not a bad deal either....I mentioned to freelance about it way back when...not sure if he ever got it or not...

Hey Marc, now it doesnt look right with that panel not BLUE carbon fiber!!! :eek: :lol: :wink:

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tsopranoMB said:
http://www.i-m-racing.com/cafiracois.html

not a bad deal either....I mentioned to freelance about it way back when...not sure if he ever got it or not...

Hey Marc, now it doesnt look right with that panel not BLUE carbon fiber!!! :eek: :lol: :wink:
Lol, I think it works VERY well!

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
that c/f panel isn't coated with anything really is it?
i saw one the other day and liked it but i wanted it coated or something

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not, vented but it is clear coated though. Its more like a matte finish that a gloss. Probably a good idea though because of where it is located. I personally haven't seen a better one anywhere or I would have got that.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Looks great Wxman... Perfect for you car...
Fitment is very good on the APR panel.

I am really debating weather to buy this one or not.. It will match perfect with my GGP... But I still don't know if the whole Vented or Non-Vented really makes a difference for the NA cars - like mine..

P.S. - You can actually mount it under the lip of the grill to give it the whole clean and tucked look. I have seen them mounted both ways, and tucked looks better IMO..

Joe Z :D

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
^^^ WOW !!! So Cusco Racing makes then too now???!!! :chill:
They look great..

So how much does one cost thats NOT anodized???

Thanks
Joe 8)

·
Registered
530 Posts
fargo said:
hey guys, im about to get another batch of custom anodised vented cooling panels made up..

see this
pictures http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/100_0001
http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/100_0003
http://www.lexusownersclub.com/gallery/Misc/100_0002

i can do any colour you like complete with matching anodised bolts..

100 $$ and depending on quantitys i may be able to include shipping..
Lets not steal another one of PLP designs.

:wink: :lol:

·
Registered
698 Posts
Joe Z said:
Looks great Wxman... Perfect for you car...
Fitment is very good on the APR panel.

I am really debating weather to buy this one or not.. It will match perfect with my GGP... But I still don't know if the whole Vented or Non-Vented really makes a difference for the NA cars - like mine..

P.S. - You can actually mount it under the lip of the grill to give it the whole clean and tucked look. I have seen them mounted both ways, and tucked looks better IMO..

Joe Z :D
I think to get it to mount under the lip of the grill the corners need to have a slight bend down in them. Thats how my plp panel is.

·
Premium Member
2,590 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
that c/f panel isn't coated with anything really is it?
i saw one the other day and liked it but i wanted it coated or something
You are correct. One of my sponsors are WD (wholesale distributor) of APR products. They had this item out since last year. The panel is NOT clear coated. The quality is nice but looks dull. I would definitely spray some clear coat to it. Now there are much much better and less common radiator panels for our cars...JDM. Overall the APR panel is a good buy for the $$ you pay and quality you get.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I personally like the matte look. It is just not too flashy, but still looks great. Honestly, it is really exactly what I would want from a radiator plate. I have seen some of the others in person, and I wouldn't chose theirs over the APR any day. Regardless of the price, I think it is a very nice piece and would have paid more for it.

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
i like the c/f look...i just wish it were coated more

this is what i did with mine

i took a PLP non-vented and stripped the PLP part off of it
then powder coated it

i like it and it's a little different

thanks to RGraphics for helping too

·
Registered
698 Posts
ltunedgirl said:
i like the c/f look...i just wish it were coated more

this is what i did with mine

i took a PLP non-vented and stripped the PLP part off of it
then powder coated it

i like it and it's a little different

thanks to RGraphics for helping too

IS300soon (David) has been selling them powder coated black for a while now. I bought mine that way last year.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts