Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a set? Also if anyone has them, can you post some pics. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
I got mine from ebay, and I think I told darren where to get them IIRC.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
How do these Ebay ones sit? Do they actually sit flush as if they were OEM? I know CF has a thickness to it, I wouldn't want it if its noticeable due to its thickness.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
How hard are they to replace too, do they go over the existing covers?

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
I was thinking about buying a set of the APR carbon fiber mirrors but I rather go this route if possible.

·
Sofa King
4,826 Posts
Sweet thanks guys. dmb359, did you get yours off ebay?
yes I did. I watched a few for a while, and looked at seller's reputation, etc, and found one I felt comfortable with.

How do these Ebay ones sit? Do they actually sit flush as if they were OEM? I know CF has a thickness to it, I wouldn't want it if its noticeable due to its thickness.
They are very thin, and come with extremely thin double sided tape (at least the ones I got did). They have a small added thickness, but it's hardly noticeable. It covers the whole mirror right up to the small gap between the painted back of the mirror, and the black face piece, so there's not really a step, it's not noticeable because of that small gap....if that makes sense, just go look at your mirrors.

How hard are they to replace too, do they go over the existing covers?
ya id like to know too.
no replacement, just stick over the existing covers. super easy...just gotta be extremely careful to get it lined up perfectly the first time.

I was thinking about buying a set of the APR carbon fiber mirrors but I rather go this route if possible.
This would be a lot cheaper, and more of an OEM look, depends on what look you're going for. I've never been a fan of the APR mirrors. I was rolling the dice when I bought these, but I'm happy with how they look, and I'm glad I went this route.

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
yes I did. I watched a few for a while, and looked at seller's reputation, etc, and found one I felt comfortable with.

They are very thin, and come with extremely thin double sided tape (at least the ones I got did). They have a small added thickness, but it's hardly noticeable. It covers the whole mirror right up to the small gap between the painted back of the mirror, and the black face piece, so there's not really a step, it's not noticeable because of that small gap....if that makes sense, just go look at your mirrors.

no replacement, just stick over the existing covers. super easy...just gotta be extremely careful to get it lined up perfectly the first time.

This would be a lot cheaper, and more of an OEM look, depends on what look you're going for. I've never been a fan of the APR mirrors. I was rolling the dice when I bought these, but I'm happy with how they look, and I'm glad I went this route.

Thanks for the input. I may have to try to track these down in the next week or so.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Looks like i need to go pick up a set of these off of ebay.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
Thanks for the response. I might have to order a set.

·
Registered
827 Posts
i know what i want to do now!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts