Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
i know i should mind my own business...
but it looks like he just made a CF overlay.
so... its not straight up CF. it has the real piece under it.
so i dont think a CF engine cover would work. and CF rad panel woudl require one under it, making it thick and might cause issuses fitting under the grill.
please correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Lex_Dymndz said:
i know i should mind my own business...
but it looks like he just made a CF overlay.
so... its not straight up CF. it has the real piece under it.
so i dont think a CF engine cover would work. and CF rad panel woudl require one under it, making it thick and might cause issuses fitting under the grill.
please correct me if im wrong.
awww yes...you are right. i forgot that he made overlays and not a new piece to be replaced. thanks for pointing that out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your right about the interior pieces being overlays but wrong about future pieces for misc. engine pieces being overlays. The cf seat covers & center lid cover are 100% real carbon fiber and can be ordered with different size weave patterns ranging from a lrg, med, or sm, weave based on personal preference. The reasoning for making an cf overlay vs a direct replacement are for the most part obvious... 1st being cost of course, 2nd fitment which would be almost if not impossible to match stock, and 3rd the overall installation of the part. For example.. You decided you liked this item and purchased a pair. You received them 2 wks later and of course you want the parts you just spent your money on installed right away or at least I would.. With an overlay all you gotta do is simply pop off the 2 power seat controls on the side which a flathead screw driver will easily do in secs. and then place the cf piece over the stock then pop the seat controls buttons back in place and your done. The cf pieces are a 100% exact fit and will never be anything less than perfect. Just because they are overlays dose not by any means make them weak or less durrable. In fact the pieces are the exact oppisite. I have had them on the car for a little over 2wks now and have had no issues what so ever and have gotten tons of complements on them. As for the engine bay pieces which are in making they will be of course able to withstand the heat, and wear and tear the engine will put on the pieces. But like i said that's in the works and should be done very soon which i'll post pics of asap. I totally understand your feelings inregard to quality, fitment, looks, and so on.. I incourage you to get a second opinion from another is300.neter who has seen the parts and who will soon if he dosn't already have them on his ride.. His name on here is edgy and if your on here a lot then you should already know ed is a respected is300.net supporter and he knows what's worth the $$$ and what's not and so on for our is300. So shoot him a pm and ask him yourself and he probably could answer any questions or erase any concerns you would have better than myself. Thanks as always for all the input!!

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
by no means did i mean any disrespect.
im sure youre work is quality.
i was simply stating that it looked like your pieces (so far) are overlays.
given that (without knowledge of straight up CF fabricating) engine pieces would be sort of hard to make.

kudos on the work.
keep the pics and info coming.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
fasho cf stuff :chill:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
=P no hard feelings here... Im sorry if my response came off cold, I didn't mean it to be that way.. I was trying my best to explain everything and have it make complete sense at the same time. So it's all good here. Let me know if you need any other info. or have any other questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.