Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats The Difference In Quality In Carbon Fiber Hoods? I Was Thinking Seibon, Only Because They Are Reputable, But Is It Worth The Money? And Where Can I Get A Good, Deal On One, Like Lets Say $500 Shipped To Me. Any Thoughts?

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would just shop around, Club Lexus has dealers and vendors on there with good deals

(also no need to make every word in caps)

·
Registered
382 Posts
don't settle for a cheap CF hood.. find a good reputable company. make sure the clear coat is good and they have reinforced hood latches.

·
V8 Sportcross
603 Posts
don't settle for a cheap CF hood.. find a good reputable company. make sure the clear coat is good and they have reinforced hood latches.

I think the question should have been worded:
Who makes a "good" hood? Anyone can charge $500 for a poorly built hood.

I'm in the market for one myself, mostly to cut up, modify and paint.. but you know how that goes.

Fitment is important; as is the hood being flat. I'd rather not spend 10 hours making the weave flat because some joker pulled it out of the mold too fast. There's nothing worse than a body panel that waves at passing traffic.

*bah* just realized I was in the Gen II stuff, but same concept applies. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
yea... i'm not sure if the seibon hood is dry cf or wet, but when you look for it, go for the dry cf, it's stronger, has better quality cf weave, and lasts longer, but is usually more expensive than wet cf, but i'd spend the extra money for quality... and besides, it's a lexus. only the best. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts