Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of curiousity, how much does a regualr hood on an is 300 weigh. How much does a carbon fiber or KEVLAR hood weigh? I know it varies, but an approximation of what they weigh if the hoods are of the same styling will suffice, thanx.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found some of the answer to my own question:
stock hood weighs approx 40 lbs
carbon fiber weighs 20 lbs
still dont know about the kevlar
anyone know? somebody backed into my hood and dented it somewhat, just an excuse to get replacement.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Hey 187.
I know you're new...so here's some tips.

Try and post in the right forum. The hood topic should be in the inside/out forum rather than the go-fast. There are go-fast people and then there are inside/out people. Posting the hood thread in this forum is like going for the fergina but ending up in the ass. Some of the speed freaks won't necessarily have too much to offer for inside/out topics.

And for questions like the hood weight, it's likely that it's already been discussed in detail. It seems as if you searched and found the answer already. Next time, try searching if you think it's a topic that may have already been discussed.
CF hood roughly 9-15 lbs
Stock hood roughly 40-45 lbs

how's that for nice mofo's?

·
Premium Member
7,976 Posts
lolz De. This is the right forum!!!! Carbon Fiber hood = less weight = go fast :lol:

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
Eminence said:
lolz De. This is the right forum!!!! Carbon Fiber hood = less weight = go fast :lol:
Shut it, and gimme yo dots. :)
How much weight did I lose after my massive turd this morning?

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i can pick up my carbon fiber hood with one hand...it takes two hands for the stock one.

it might be cause i'm really strong....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts