Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's the deal. I have some carbon fiber stuff that a friend of a friend of mine would like to buy (though if he doesnt, I'll probably end up putting it here).

What I have is a CF Wald front lip, as well as a CF rear bumper. Both are in really, really good condition, but used (so there are a few nicks here and there, but nothing really noticeable).

What do you think I could get for it? Obviously, I'd like to provide a good deal, but still get as much as I can without ripping him off.

And after a bit of research, all I could find was that the entire Wald kit - lip, rear bumper, sideskirts - went for around $1100 - $1200, with like...$800 for customs or something like that, which seems a tad bid too expensive for fiberglass...hm.

Any input would be appreciated...and if you need some pictures, I'll put them up for you.

(Oh yeah, is there a minimum post count for picture posting? Just curious...NASIOC had one so yeah.)

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
sorry to burst your bubble, but a wald full c/f kit is $500 out the door.

its made by absdynamics, and yes, FULL carbon fiber for all FOUR pieces.

Call Fatboy Garage in El Monte, SOCAL. $500. out the door.

not trying to be an asshole...there was actually a thread on this..on the pricing and availability of a full carbon fiber wald kit..so yeah..good luck.

-Aaron

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
funny this guy is trying to say a c/f copy is the same price as a real JDM fiberglass kit

:lol:

Good luck man, but the front will go fast I know that much

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really know much about stuff like this. I actually know very little about IS300's (I'm more of a Subaru guy), so I thought I'd come on here to learn a bit more about what I'm getting into. Thanks for your information...muchly appreciated.

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Too much carbon fiber will spoil your appetite... J/K :lol:
Remember, once carbon fiber is broken due to rockchip or whatever, it is indeed very ugly... :disagree: you will end up spending more money on fixing carbon fiber stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts