Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys what is the cheapest any of you have been able to get the Carbon Fiber kit for on your IS. I'm looking for the one that is available through Lexus. I don't want a cheap knock off brand. Installation prices too if you have them.

Joel

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Are all of the kits made out of adhesive or is there a kit that overlays everything as one piece?

Scott.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Joel, I just bought a 28 pc. kit from woodtrim.com and installed it myself..GREAT kit and easy to do, only took about an hour...and I paid $197.00 for the kit. Here in Boston some places wanted $360.00...and the Dealer wanted $ 1.1160... ( dont think so )
Good Luck....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I brought my car back to the dealer to have a inspection sticker put on and I showed the dash kit to my salesman and he went and showed it to the service manager, and they said that the kit I got from woodtrim.com is better than the one that they get..so I dont know if that helps but they seemed to be impressed.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Can you all post pictures of your kits? Close-ups would be nice so we can see if it "cheapens" the look of the car or if it looks tight.
THx!
Originally posted by Gotago:
I brought my car back to the dealer to have a inspection sticker put on and I showed the dash kit to my salesman and he went and showed it to the service manager, and they said that the kit I got from woodtrim.com is better than the one that they get..so I dont know if that helps but they seemed to be impressed.

·
Registered
447 Posts
is the woodtrim.com kit better then the Rod Millen kit that is coming out......any speculations?

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
349 Posts
Here is what I've got. It was installed by the dealer. I think it would have cost me around $600 if otherwise the dealership wasn't so anxious to sell me the car before the end of the month

I think it looks awesome! It really goes together well with all existing metallic/and silver colored parts. Here are the only complains about this dealer installed option.

1. After the first week, the peace on the shifter started to peal-off. They've since fixed it for free and there no problems with it.

2. There is a little peace that goes on the glove box that didn't get installed. I don't know why, but I think it would have looked nice too.

Other than that, I think it's better then the wood trim.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Does anybody have any idea on how to use the lint collector space better? I hate putting things on it (sunglasses, cell-phone, etc), cause they keep sliding off.

Just wanted to see what everyone is using it for?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't you guys wish there was a dash kit piece for the lint collector? I fee llike my dash is incomplete. I think it should go all the way around not just stop over the air vents? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by rarjoon:
Don't you guys wish there was a dash kit piece for the lint collector? I fee llike my dash is incomplete. I think it should go all the way around not just stop over the air vents? What do you guys think?
I agree it should go all the way up. I just put the carbon fiber on mine and it stinks that it stops at the top of the vents....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
Can you all post pictures of your kits? Close-ups would be nice so we can see if it "cheapens" the look of the car or if it looks tight.
THx!
I would post pics, but im having a heck of a time trying to figue out how to post them...can anyone help...Thanks

·
Registered
707 Posts
Call ToraSport in LA. They make carbon kits along with alum. they do a good job and look good. you can get the kie and installed for about $350.00

Originally posted by Joel Solid:
Hey Guys what is the cheapest any of you have been able to get the Carbon Fiber kit for on your IS. I'm looking for the one that is available through Lexus. I don't want a cheap knock off brand. Installation prices too if you have them.

Joel

·
Registered
447 Posts
i hate that darn felt.... i say we all rip it out and put a screen there that shows japanese anime of an IS with IS300.NET behind it.... not to mention hookin it up 2 a DVD/NAV system.... or...... connect 7 bottles of NOS to a switch..... like in Gone in 60 Sec...... let it rip...hehe... i like fast.... >=|

------------------
Silver 2001 ICE300

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Originally posted by Gotago:
Originally posted by s0yb0mb:
THx!
I would post pics, but im having a heck of a time trying to figue out how to post them...can anyone help...Thanks

You need to upload them to a server (if you don't already have a homepage go get one for free at www.geocities.com or something or you can get an album at www.photopoint.com). Upload the pics to there and then use the UBB image tags to post the pics here.

[This message has been edited by HIBBoyScott (edited January 04, 2001).]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
11 Participants
Gotago
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing