Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in California and I"m about to turbo my IS. Anyone know if the Greddy Turbo Kit with carb sticker will pass emissons? Any info will help, thx.....o yeah can't wait to test drive the new is350.....m3 killer maybe?

Any street legal turbo that passes California Emissions? That is what i meant. Sorry for the unclearity.

·
Registered
957 Posts
not even. the is350 lacks the hp/tq to keep up with the current e46 m3, let alone the new e90s. :(

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
what are you talking about? There's no Greddy Kit for the IS.
There will never be a smog legal kit for the 1st generation IS due to the 2 cats on the exhaust manifold.

·
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.
6,017 Posts
rllinghardis300 said:
what are you talking about? There's no Greddy Kit for the IS.
There will never be a smog legal kit for the 1st generation IS due to the 2 cats on the exhaust manifold.
Thats what I was thinking....There is no Greddy kit for our car. What are you talking about here exactly? :suspiciou

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I guess it's the "Greddy makes a turbo kit for every car" mentality.

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
aznmaguy said:
I live in California and I"m about to turbo my IS. Anyone know if the Greddy Turbo Kit with carb sticker will pass emissons? Any info will help, thx.....o yeah can't wait to test drive the new is350.....m3 killer maybe?

:suspiciou

Hmm yeah

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
CA is one of the worst states with stupid vehicle laws and such.
Pay someone off @ smog check shop, that will do it :bigSmile:
Place where I live there isn't many cops, for heaven's sake. Whenever I drive down to L.A. county(Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Walnut, Hacienda Heights, etc) cops always fooling around.
I don't know about pulling over by cops after you turbocharge your car but my bro's Supra did pulled over for "no front license plate." Impounded until further notice after popped the hood. But he ended up getting his car back today w/ all charges dropped for some reason... I dunno why. I better ask :disagree: I, too, am looking for boost

aznmaguy said:
Any street legal turbo that passes California Emissions? That is what i meant. Sorry for the unclearity.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
SLayerS said:
CA is one of the worst states with stupid vehicle laws and such.
Pay someone off @ smog check shop, that will do it :bigSmile:
Place where I live there isn't many cops, for heaven's sake. Whenever I drive down to L.A. county(Diamond Bar, Chino Hills, Walnut, Hacienda Heights, etc) cops always fooling around.
I don't know about pulling over by cops after you turbocharge your car but my bro's Supra did pulled over for "no front license plate." Impounded until further notice after popped the hood. But he ended up getting his car back today w/ all charges dropped for some reason... I dunno why. I better ask :disagree: I, too, am looking for boost

wow..that really sucks dude.

i wonder why your brother supra would get impounded if they come with factory "turbo"?

·
Hello World
3,733 Posts
Hirun said:
wow..that really sucks dude.

i wonder why your brother supra would get impounded if they come with factory "turbo"?
My bro's turbo is installed at SP Engineering, called HKS Full or something like that. I don't know if that is a factory turbo or not but yeah... I even helped paying for his setup, which was quite inevitable... :disagree: After all, I ended up getting brand new IS and looking for boost still, if cops would not bother for small things :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
emissions is really well looks under ca - you're dead if they know what they're looking at - but mainly making sure your car is withing the 'standards' as in HCO-CO etc emissions - So basically if you go boost, make sure your car is tuned correctly, so that you can 'emit' the right amount of co-hco wuteva.... and you'll pass emissions.
my 2cents.. or believes ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts