Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to put a carbon fiber hood on my black IS but im not sure how it'll look. Im interested in the hood due to its light weight but also I wanna make sure it looks good so if anyone has any pics of a carbon fiber hood on any black car I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I don't think it will look good, When I see Hondas with it, The Preludes more often I think it looks trashy. And if I saw one on the Lexus ..., well .. it's just a matter of preference ..

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I'm thinkin of getting one as well. I have a pic of a CF hood on a Yellow IS, matter of fact, its from a company that was selling them for like $450, Ill send you the email if you want...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jdogg thank you but I can already get one for 450 from CARisma....its like 10 minutes from my house...its just the choice whether or not it will look good on my car. i need a pic of it on black car.

·
Registered
816 Posts
(Oops. Failed to read DarkzIS300's original post correctly. I only have opinions, and no pictures.)

[ May 13, 2001: Message edited by: DtEW ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
yeah it saves what? 30 pounds? too much money for a millisecond IMO

it also looks funny to anyone who doesnt know what it is. to the average joe (like me before i found out what it was) it looks like a 77 pinto with discolored body panels.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Originally posted by DarkzIS300:
jdogg thank you but I can already get one for 450 from CARisma....its like 10 minutes from my house...its just the choice whether or not it will look good on my car. i need a pic of it on black car.
Why do not just drive there and set one next to your car if they are 10 minutes from your house??? Take a camera...

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Saw one on a Graphite Grey, looked good.

·
Registered
355 Posts
anyone besides boyie? i dont want opinions, i want pics. and dont get me started boyie

Well, you can bash me all the time with your comments .. I just want to see if you can say what you have been eagerly been awaiting to say all a long .. let me see what you got.. Come on don't back down now .. the spotlight is on you man ..

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
boyie, shut up. i have no intentions to fight with you, you just crack me up every time you post because your 16 years old with your first car ever and you make posts like "im going to have a lexus for the rest of my life" or some stupid crap when you know absolutely nothing. you post more than 20 people put together in the time span of 1 week saying retarded things bout how people think your obsessed with your car but your really "in love" and it just makes me wanna laugh. thats all...im not putting you down really...just saying your personality is funny to me.

·
Registered
23 Posts
boyie, shut up. i have no intentions to fight with you, you just crack me up every time you post because your 16 years old with your first car ever and you make posts like "im going to have a lexus for the rest of my life" or some stupid crap when you know absolutely nothing. you post more than 20 people put together in the time span of 1 week saying retarded things bout how people think your obsessed with your car but your really "in love" and it just makes me wanna laugh. thats all...im not putting you down really...just saying your personality is funny to me.
hahaha......you can't really blame him though. his parents buy him an IS when he hits 16, you have to expect it. its a little annoying, especially because i wish my parents would buy me a 35K car for being their son.....but whatever.

as long as he isnt a jackass about having an IS, and realizes he doesnt deserve it, im cool with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Of course he deserves it! If your parents think your a good enough kid to get an Is then thats all that matters. I m 18 and my dad bought me one, and I have messed up before and disappointed my parents, but overall im a good kid and im sure Boyie is, if his dad is willing to buy him a 35k car..and EVERYONE WHO IS PRIVALEGED TO HAVE AN IS DESERVES IT!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Im not saying hes spoiled or anything...and Im not even saying he pisses me off...im just saying that the things he does makes me laugh because it really is funny to me. I recall he made a post saying something like "what cars are you all gonna get after your IS300's are done with..im sticking with lexus forever!"...that kinda stuff is funny to me thats all

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Originally posted by RightIS:
hahaha......you can't really blame him though. his parents buy him an IS when he hits 16, you have to expect it. its a little annoying, especially because i wish my parents would buy me a 35K car for being their son.....but whatever.

as long as he isnt a jackass about having an IS, and realizes he doesnt deserve it, im cool with it.

realize he doesnt deserve it? if his parent's income is capable and he works hard in school and they think he deserves it..than he does, because he is living in a family with higher income rate. so be it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well, ..

I go to school, I have held a 4.0 since the third semester of my freshmen year, right now I'm in my last semester in my sophomore year I still have and have kept my 4.0. And this moment I'm looking for a job so I can pay for my cell phone bill and give my parents a break, because they did put a lot of money into my first car and I appreciate it that a lot. I don't do drugs, hang out with gang- bangers .. I'm a good kid, never have been in trouble. And my parents felt that I deserved the car that I wanted. It look me a long time, if some of you recall on making the final choice of what kind of car I wanted .. I test drove almost everything that I liked.

Yes, you sometimes may think I make so called "Stupid" comments or posts .. But what the hell .. I'm so excited about my car .. and I SHOULD be! .. it's my first car, and I'm so damn excited that I got it! You would think that I was spoiled if I didn't! So thats that ..

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You didnt have to waste your time bout your grades and stuff...I never called you spoiled and that never was the issue. As for the drugs and gangs..you should give them a chance.

·
Registered
146 Posts
First of all,

To Boyie,
It doesn't matter if you got a 4.0 in high school or whatever your case is. I, as well as, many others here have gotten 4.0s throught their lives too, and that still doesn't justify the fact that your parents got your an IS and you need to bash or mock about it. True, others are jealous that you got one, but realize the reality that a car is just a car, and that you can not just live by your car for the rest of your life. Go out and make some money, and then you'll see how hard it really is to own a car like this or better. You're lucky, I agree, that your parents bought you an IS, but you don't need to tell others that your 4.0 justifies that your parents SHOULD have gotten you the IS because you did well in school. That's trash and we all know it, so get over it. But I do congratulate you for gettin an IS and enjoy it, but don't mock dawg.

TO the poster about carbon fiber.
IMO, only the Graphite IS would look decent with the fiber hood, because the color of the carbon fiber is almost identical to the color of the GGP IS (good for me). I also saw the yellow IS with it, and IMO it was nasty, but then again, that is just my preference. And to the person who said it would only shave off 30 pounds? Get real bro. The Carbon Fiber hood would shave at least 100 pounds off if not more. Have you raised our IS hoods? They're heavy as hell just to raise up the hood and latch it. Check it our yourself and then get back to us before making assumptions. Just to clear up clarifications. For $450 to lessen over 100 pounds, I'd do it in a heartbeat!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.