Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a is200 on an 03 plate i have a riniging noise when i turn or remove the key from the ignition and has been for a week or so but now the car wont start all the lights come on radio etc but no start any one shed sum light please thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Are you sure it's not a humming noise from your throttle body? Pull your EFI relay to see if it stops, I wonder if that's keeping your ECU in the on state, killing your battery(if that's the problem). It will not crank over because obviously the battery is dead but it's surface charge is enough to sustain small loads like lighting and indicators.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok im a complete mong when it comes to cars lol yes its like a house phone riniging noise wnen the key is removed or the car was started, where do i find the efi and what is it

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
EFI is by the battery junction box. I've never heard of a ringing noise after the car is turned off. You may want to post a video or sound clip to help figure it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nor me its completelty frying my brain as soon as the car started it beeped for about 30sec and even with the key out it still beeped for around the same time weird

1 - 5 of 5 Posts