Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tuned and dynoed my car last Friday at Autolink with none other than Dr. Charles. Everything goes fine, I drive the car back home, and I did go over 3,000 rpm's. Next day, I realized that I need to reset the ECU, so that the new settings will really take into effect. So I take off the neg terminal, apply the brakes for about 1 min. Put the neg terminal back on, wait about 1 min. turn on the car, the car turns on, I put it into 1st gear, and drive, the car would not go over 3,000 rpms. I put it into 2nd, it doesnt go over 3 K! It's weird to explain, but it feels like its at the redline...at 3,000 rpms, its at REDLINE!!

I turned the car off, took the neg off again, put it back on, made sure it was tight. Same thing.

Next day, took off the neg, left it off for 6 hours! Put it back on, same thing!

I talked to Dr. Charles and he has no idea why this is happening, and it has nothing to do with the S-AFC. He wants me to bring the car back in.

Anyone encounter anything like this before?

·
Premium Member
11,375 Posts
so the car's actually redline-ing but the cluster doesn't show that?......maybe wana check the fuse for the rpm sensor???... :-?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
it happened to me about a week after i had my afc tuned, car had flashing trac and same 3k rev limiter, it's actually the car going in "limp mode" to protect itself from damage to the engine. Make sure you didn't accidently touch any afc settings, i think that's prolly what i did. Try rewiring the afm wire back to the stock so the afc is just reading signals and not actually adjusting your a/f ratio. Then reset the ECU if this doesn't work than it's prolly ur 02 sensors or ur maf sensor is dirty. Try the afm wire first tho, i forgot the color of it. That is waht solved my problem, search for my post if you wanna read the details on my car. Good luck.

·
Registered
669 Posts
i had similar problem after i incurrectly installed the ecu from srt's intake. Make sure ur ecu is wired correctly.

·
Registered
466 Posts
you could write down your settings (to save them), and try zeroing out ur s-afc. See if you have the same problem. If you do, it's probably your wiring.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went back to Dr. Charles today, and he 1st checked all the settings on the AFC, I did write them all down too. He then got a diagonstic testing reader, saw that there was an error with my mass air flow sensor, so he delted the codes, and everything was fine after that. The car NOW, seems a lot faster in the high end, and A LOT smoother with changing gears (manual). Thanks for all your help everyone.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
I went back to Dr. Charles today, and he 1st checked all the settings on the AFC, I did write them all down too. He then got a diagonstic testing reader, saw that there was an error with my mass air flow sensor, so he delted the codes, and everything was fine after that. The car NOW, seems a lot faster in the high end, and A LOT smoother with changing gears (manual). Thanks for all your help everyone.
I was about to say when I read the original post that there might be some messed up codes. Glad you got it fixed man :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts