Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does anybody remove their front skid plate or whatever that is that pokes down under the front bumper because that is scraping on everything lol and I’m not even that low
Not necessary. You can remove it.

Does anyone know how their removal affects drag? I bought my car without the plastic trays and have always wondered if getting fig's aluminum replacement helps clean up air streams

Toe is the worst, when you drop it the suspension toes out and thats pretty much just dragging the inside edge of the tires along the tarmac. Mines straightened up as best as they can and still has -0.5 on the front and -1 camber on the back, toe is now good but it still likes to chew the inside edges a little. The price we pay for stance and "maybe" improved handling :p
I like to think that being lowered helps with cornering and so forth ;)

·
Mr. Roo
9,499 Posts
Does anyone know how their removal affects drag? I bought my car without the plastic trays and have always wondered if getting fig's aluminum replacement helps clean up air streams
Yeah I'm pretty sure they are for random aerodynamics, and the undertray things are to help things be clean and air flow smoothly. None of them are needed though.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts