Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was parked in today for like about 1 hour on Newbury st. in Boston, MA and i come back and see that the saab that was in front of me wasnt there anymore and my front bumper is full of these scratches. Mofo backed into me!!! It's basically like a 2 feet long, from headlight to headlight, and it looks like it was rubbed down. there are lots of scratches too. what should i do?????
anyways of getting rid of this??? or do i need to repaint??? u guys think insurance could fix this freakin problem????
-Ramin

·
Registered
257 Posts
first off, sorry to hear that bro ... but hopefully your insurance is different than mine ... because this happened to me in a parking garage ... i didnt know which car or anything but i did get a police report for my insurance ... but this is the suck ass part ... my insurance considered this an accident (meaning i held some sort of responsibility, which i didnt) ... for some reason they wouldnt consider it vandalism ... because another vehicle was involved ... regardless if i was in motion or not ... so ... if i went through my insurance company ... i would have had to pay the deduct ... which is low ... BUT it would also add a point on my driving record ... so basically i paid it out of pocket to avoid the point ...

sorry for the long story ... but i would check with your insurance company ... dont officially file just ask ... then go from there ... good luck ...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Newton-IS300,

Sorry to hear than... I go to Boston often and I NEVER, NEVER, NEVER take my IS. ;-) The good thing is you could get the L-Tuned or some other kit for the car, and the bad thing - the insurance is not going to cover this for a 100%, you would have to pay the deductible.

Oleg.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
That sucks. If it's not too bad try buffering it out. Some @sshole backed up and hit my front bumper where my plate is. Left an indentation on there too.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
yeah i learned from my mistakes and i try my best to avoid going anywhere where i have to parellel park, such as chinatown/copley/newbury/comm ave. insurance can fix it, but if u have a 500 deductible or higher, it's kinda pointless

·
Vendor
4,813 Posts
Yeah a week after I got my IS someone backed down the driver's door in a grocery parking lot :pissed: $800 to fix and they did a shitty job.

prob have to repaint at a min. and I would guess around $300 to do the job. Maybe avoid the insurance if you can. SOmetime they work with you a little better that way too. pics?

Fig

·
Registered
937 Posts
A senior citizen backed his '79 Lincoln into the front of my IS a couple of hours ago while I was at the gas station. No damage at all to the Lincoln; however, it'll probably cost around $1,000 to repair the IS. :pissed:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the suggestions guys. hopefully all we be well with my baby and it'll get fixed.
Damn old people!!! jk hehe they cant drive.
-Ramin

·
13,978 Posts
can't you claim it as a hit and run???

i did that with my insurance and all i had to do was pay the deductible. nothing went on my record.

·
Registered
72 Posts
damn that sucks man... i feel for you... :(

especially since the same thing just happened to me the other week! :pissed: i don't have a scratch on my bumper (thank god for the clear armor) but i do have a HOLE! :pissed: i don't know what would make a person want to back up so much they hit the car behind them. :shame: just because they don't care if they damage their car doesn't mean its ok to hit other people's cars! :bitching:

well good luck getting it fixed... and yeah i agree with oleg... might as well get an ltuned front bumper! :wink:

·
Registered
46 Posts
sorry to hear that...

sorry that had to happen to you.

when I was in boston for school a couple of years back...that's how people would parallel park. it didn't matter where...hit the back bumper...you're good. hit the front bumper and your good. back and forth, back and forth until you were in.

people had no respect out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts