Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-----------------------------ORIGINAL POST----------------------

Alright I wake up at 7am because I planned to detail my car at my friend Chris's house. Ofcourse i go to Autozone and pepboys first and bought clay bar and siwrl mark remover 2.0. It took me until 4pm to finish everything. Meg wash-clay bar-meg wash-swirl-nxt I even polished the stock exhaust and it ended up turning up chrome.

Anyway...We decided to take a photoshoot with my friend Ardel. We it was us 3. IS300, RSX-s, RSX-s. We drove around yadda yadda and chilled. We found this one place that was great for night pics so we went back there at 10pm. After that we headed to the eastlake canyon area to take pics and to drive around.

Im sorry if this thread doesnt make any sense but my head is killing me right now...

After everything I decided to head back home. And then I slowed down a bit on telegraph canyon road to wait for them and next thing you know BOOM! I get rear ended by my friend's RSX. My friend flew off the curb and his car is a wreck. Im thankful to God that we were both alive.

The border patrol came to help us out and call the police. I was such in a big shock. If It wasnt my friend that hit mt i wouldve hit the guy in the face. But we talked to the cops and our parents came and what not. Also...WE WERE NOT RACING!

Everyone is FINE (for now) just a few minor injuries. Its a shocker. My emotions were so mixed up I didnt have any emotion at all...Here are some pics of the accident. Ill post the pics of the cars when im in a good mood to look at my old baby... :( Theres jsut so much i would add but this gets to the point.

Ill post some pics of before the accident. They came out nice.

Dont mind my home in my trunk.

I took off the front bumper because i knew the tow truck was gonna mess with my new front lip...yes NEW. Decided to keep all the parts. SOrry!

And to think i sold a lot of my peronsal belongings on ebay just for this car...now its gone. wtf

I cant believe this just happened...i spent so much time and money on the car and it can be taken away within 1 second.

-----------------UPDATE------------------
Just got a call today and the car is under repair at a local shop. All the parts are going to be brand new coming from the Lexus dealership and they are under order right now. Its going to take about 2 months to get it repaired. Im thinking of trading it in for another IS300 but im not sure yet. I have to see if the car feels the same and looks the same. Ill keep everyone updated.

------------------UPDATE #2 8/2----------------------
Got a call today from the insurance company saying the car is not repairable anymore because they found a few more problems. So the im just wondering if theyre going to let me get all the after market parts out of my engine?

----1+ hour later----
So i just came back from the shop and man that guy was being a dick. Never go to greensomething i forgot the ***** ass name but the owner can kiss my fuckin ass. His representative was fuckin tight like backing me up on getting my personal parts and what not. but then when the owner ssaw me with my hear shield he started bitchin how he didnt agree on it. In my head im like man are you a dumbass its held with 2 bolts and then i told him. he then said i didnt agree on it but just taking out your air intake. So i took the heatshield anyway that bitch. I got my intake and heatshield back. I decided not to ge tthe header because it would be a hassle. First we would have to tow the car to my house then do the work then tow it back to the shop. Thats just more money and might as well leave it in there. Anyway that black guy was cool overall but the owner is a fuckin bitch. Heres some pics of the car...SO MUCH FOR DETAILING IT

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
OH MY GOD! man that sux fat balls! man well at least your all ok, just a lil shook up, sad to think that something can be gone in matter of seconds, i know you will be parting out some parts, i would be intersted in the CAI, although the pics are kinda hard to see, i know they will look 10x worse in the day, hopefull you wont have any pain tomorrow....did the air bags go off? if so how many? also what were the damages on your friends rsx-s?

oh, did you send me a myspace friends request? i think that was you, send it again. lol

·
Registered
747 Posts
aww man thats f*cked up. what was your friend doing? i would cry if that happen to me :( hope you could get back up on your feet man.

·
Registered
747 Posts
the front side doesnt look messed, up just the rear is F'ed up

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Damn dude. I'm sorry to hear about your loss but I am glad that you and your buddy are ok. It might not seem like it now but it's more important that you guys were ok. A car is a car and can always be replaced, no matter how much money and time you put into it. Again, I'm glad you turned out ok.

Kian

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks everyone...once again. It cheers me up a bit reading comments. Im still in shock right now. And i can feel my neck starting to ache. :(

I dont wanna be a dick or anything. But no PMs about the parts im gonna sell until i actually get them off. Ill tell you guys ASAP. Ofcourse SOCAL/LOCALS gets first dibs

Here are some pics before the accident. I cant believe the last piece of the day ended up being the worst of them all. I just picked random ones out of some I took. We took over 200 shots.

I dont care much for the photoshop anymore. But thanks again for all the uplifting comments!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Man that totally sucks… :jawDrop:

Your friend must have been move’n pretty good, but like you stated before at least everyone came out ALIVE!!!!
Hope everything works out, and make sure you and your friend take it easy for the next couple of days. An impact/jolt like that is tough on the body…

·
Registered
237 Posts
That's not good, a terrible thing thing can happen so quickly. The good thing is that both of yall are fine. Don't worry about the car as long as you survive that's all that matters. Insurance will take care of the rest. I wrecked my 01 IS 300, and now i have the IS 350. Hope everything goes fine for you. My insurance payed me 24,000 for my 01 IS. I did have an extra 5000 insurance on my audio and video equiptment.

·
Registered
916 Posts
andrew sorry to hear bout the bad news man, how fast was your friend driving holy crap! i saw the myspace bullentin and wass like omg need to see pics. at least everyone is still alive and you can still rock out (saw ur bands page) hahah! keep us posted man

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah...Ill just let the music do the talking for now. But man...i really wanna fix the car but i dont think it can happen. Thanks for the comment "jewy" that keeps me up. He was probably going like 45-60 im not sure dude I cant believe this happened less than and hour and half ago...weird

·
Registered
260 Posts
Sorry about the accident man...thats really sucks...i can feel your pain man.

anyways.... i can't believe your friend hit ur IS man... ok..soo.. While you were waiting for them were you blocking his lane or did you pull over to the side? And how come you friend didn't see your car? your friend's insurance is gonna cover it right?

i'm glad that all of you guys are ok...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i was on the lane slowing down at the time. And im guessing by the time he hit me i was almost at a complete stop. My friend in the back told me he was about 2 car lengths and that should be enough time to move out of the way. But man i dont know how fast he was going...

·
Registered
260 Posts
kramps said:
Well i was on the lane slowing down at the time. And im guessing by the time he hit me i was almost at a complete stop. My friend in the back told me he was about 2 car lengths and that should be enough time to move out of the way. But man i dont know how fast he was going...

but how come he didn't see ur car...he must be doing something at that time... like talking to the friend at the back or something? at least that's what happened to me when i had my accident last month...i was talking to my friend not paying attention to the front. i rear ended the bmw infront of me... oh well...

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SiriuslyShady said:
but how come he didn't see ur car...he must be doing something at that time... like talking to the friend at the back or something? at least that's what happened to me when i had my accident last month...i was talking to my friend not paying attention to the front. i rear ended the bmw infront of me... oh well...
He was alone in the car.

·
Registered
606 Posts
sorry to hear about your car, but at least everyone is ok. a car can be replaced not a life.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Sorry, it`s hard to see ....
Greats from germany !

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
sorry to hear about your accident bro, It happened to me about a year ago but thankfully no one got hurt and it wasnt totalled. I know how it feels to put so much time and effort (9 hours in one day) and then have something horrible happen. Maybe you should save your parts for when you get another IS. I'm sure insurance will cover for you to get another one.

Once again, good luck and glad everyone is alright.

Also, whatever you do, do not let the accident get in the way of your friendship. During my accident they did, cause my buddy fcuked me over in giving the statement saying it was was all my fault, when in reality, it was both or more likely his.

Have some rep for the nice detail job btw.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts