Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here is the scenario, my friend just purchsed a 01 is300 and yea, he had it every bit of today, drove from florid to south Carolina just fine, well tonight while sitting with his car idleing, he noticed some overfloe coolant coming out, the temp guage was normal, no sign of itrunning hott like tiks and hots, dunnno what to do

·
Registered
183 Posts
i had a similar issue like this when i had my eclipse coolant reservoir was overflowing...could be the thermostat going bad and staying stuck closed you can always remove it and boil some water to see if it opens up if not theres your problem im about 80 percent sure this could be the problem but ill let a more experience lexus person confirm this...or as stated above try the boiling water

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it has 114k miles on it, not sure if water pump has been replaced, and theres some codes saying its running lean in bank 1 and 2, some other codes about in and outs not to sure but they said oxygyn sensers, but i dont think thats it, i was thinking maybe the maf

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.