Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so a little over a month ago I dropped my car off at SRT because bad compression in cylinder 6. I was running emanage blue, 440's, 60-1, and all work done by PFS and to me the car ran great and felt good, basically it was their "stage1" with upgraded headgasket and injectors and was running at 15psi. But it went to shit anyway.

So I ended up bringing it to SRT mainly due to time frame and an excellent price. I ended up going with GTE internals, 870 injectors,haltech f10X, full tranny build, new FPR, trans cooler, and an amazing retune... Ended up at
16PSI same turbo kit that was from PFS and went from 383 to 438whp.

As for the difference, believe it or not its night and day. Car is now super responsive and feels way more tourqy down low and spins the tires with ease. I can't believe what I was missing by not having standalone. Everything runs super smooth with a perfect idle. It does use more gas though becuase afr's while cruising are between 12-13 now, but so damn worth it. To me it was well worth the money and then some.

I even got lucky enough to run into an AMG and an Aston Martin vanguish that had a mean ass exhaust on my way back to Jersey. Both cars were not real races being they for some reason ricer flew by, but I was able to rip it and did gain some car lengths on them before they hit the brakes.
I am pretty sure it was these>

And some donuts of course at srt.

Definitely a big thanks to Moe for being able to get my car done just before Christmas. I picked it up Saturday.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
wow your car sounds extremely mean. hopefully one day i will share the same feelings you do when you mash the pedal to the metal

·
Registered
518 Posts
wholy shit that looks and sounds like a monster.. +rep :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
So many boosted 300's around here....i hope to run into one while i'm driving mine someday.....good luck w/ the car!

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
very sweet!!! congrats Mike..enjoy, see ya at the TGI-FRIDAYS supra holiday meet this coming thur night the 27th?

·
Premium Member
4,978 Posts
Damn that sounds sick. Looks like some good work. Enjoy your boost and congrats.

·
Registered
847 Posts
very nice, shows what a good tune on a standalone will do for our cars or any car for that matter.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Very nice, glad you got your car back and enjoying it. I always found cruising around high 13s low 14s to be very smooth and drivable. Gas mileage suffers a bit but the car feels very smooth and more lively. Gotta love going WOT in a tunnel too.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Enjoy you new found power. I'm sure the stand alone system had more to do with your success than Mo's tuning (j/k)

Don't get any tickets... ;)

·
Premium Member
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah man there aint that many places around here where I can just rip it because of so many damn cops, but it is still just nice cruising around because of the smoothness.

·
Registered
827 Posts
^^^ i know more pics and vids!! congrats!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts