Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in South Carolina and its that time of the year again... car taxes >.>

I am to pay $178 for my 03 IS300 this year.

Just curious to see what others have to deal with

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So you have to pay tax on something you already own that depreciates every year? :confused:

Do you also have to pay for license plates each year as well?
well, once you pay the taxes... then you get the new registration sticker for the license plates

·
Registered
19 Posts
well, once you pay the taxes... then you get the new registration sticker for the license plates
So let me get this right...

You pay a yearly tax/registration fee to CA (or whatever state) and the price varies based on what car you have? Is that correct?

Here in PA, you do have to renew your registration every year. It's $36 for passenger cars regardless of year, make, or condition.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So let me get this right...

You pay a yearly tax/registration fee to CA (or whatever state) and the price varies based on what car you have? Is that correct?
yup, pretty much.

My wife has an 08 Highlander, she(we) paid $380 this year

·
Premium Member
14,403 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's a fixed percentage of the purchased price of your car.
Yeah we call that sales tax and pay it ONCE when we buy the car. If I ever paid taxes more than once on something I purchased I believe I'd hit the roof (home excluded). I have noticed that California residents pretty much bend over and take anything they are given. They are watched on every corner by cameras, taxed on every item they own REPEATEDLY, told what lanes to drive in and when, I mean this list could never end. What's funny is that they're so used to living like lab rats they don't see a problem with it. Screw that, east coast works for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.