Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a white lexus (only 5k miles on it), and the only parking i have is out in the sun. How much time u guys think before it really takes a numbger on my paint and i start to lose the luster :oops:

·
Registered
941 Posts
that sux. I feel for your poor car...

the interior would go first ... you should try to park near the shade ... you could tint your windows so the heat and uv don't mess up your seats and cloth colors....

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
threequartersx2 said:
that sux. I feel for your poor car...

the interior would go first ... you should try to park near the shade ... you could tint your windows so the heat and uv don't mess up your seats and cloth colors....
if you park in the shade, remember not underneath a tree

·
Registered
960 Posts
masteraze said:
hi i have a white lexus (only 5k miles on it), and the only parking i have is out in the sun. How much time u guys think before it really takes a numbger on my paint and i start to lose the luster :oops:
Well at least you have a white car. White is the best color for resisting UV degradation because the pigment (titanium dioxde) is very opaque and prevents the UV light from penetrating too badly. Still, if you are going to keep the car a long time get a good cover.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
masteraze said:
it's already happening if you don't wax your car regularly. get a car cover if u can

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well see the thing is i cant get a car cover cuz it would attract too much attention from like college frat kids and they would just end up smashing or doing something to my car... ohh man

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
-get a dark tint,
-wax your car a few times
-wash your car regularly, especially any sap/bird junk
-try out the car cover. a cover doesn't actually attract as much bad attention as you may think....but it all depends on the area where you park.

·
Premium Member
10,234 Posts
dude

paint now a days are made to take these vicious conditions. But you must take care of it, like every1 is sayin wax it, clean it, etc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts