Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just installed Megan header and Megan y-pipe went for a test drive and everything was fine except for my taillight indicator keeps coming on as soon as i put the parking brake down with my foot on the brake.

i went on another drive and the car dies on me and luckily im no more than 50ft form my driveway and able to coast in. so after lucking around found the blown EFI fuse. So i got onto this site and found that its most likely a short somewhere. i found an exposed wire on B2S2 and put some heat shrink on it thinking that was the issue. Not the case driving the car to work this morning it keeps blowing that same fuse.

so i have read that since B2S1 is so close to the fire wall it could be shorting out there correct? If so how do i correct this issue?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Jasonm4444 i just read your reply on another thread i posted on and youd like to know what i have to do to fix the B2S1 to keep it from shorting out if that is the problem

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Hey Jasonm4444 i just read your reply on another thread i posted on and youd like to know what i have to do to fix the B2S1 to keep it from shorting out if that is the problem
Yea, your EFI feeds all 4 oxygen sensor heater circuits so your problem has to be related. As mentioned, B2S1 is usually up against the firewall and doesn't allow room for the O2. You may or may not get a CEL indicating which heater it is. Some members either take the headers to a shop to have the bung relocated but some members have also smashed in their firewall a bit to make room. I'm fairly certain this is your problem and it is a black/red wire shorting out(one of the two black wires at the sensor).

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Alright thanks Jason ill be checking on this as soon as the sun comes up and let you know my findings
No problem bud, I'm fairly confident you'll see where an O2 might be rubbing. Depending on where it is, you can make a lil more room if needed. It's possible a wire got chafed too during the installation. Good luck and look forward to an update.

BTW, not sure if you PM'd me or not. I could have sworn a saw a PM from ya but don't have any record of it:screwy:

Edit: My mistake, i see what you did there. lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well it was the B2S1 O2 sensor. had to beat in the firewall a little more and wrap up the wires on the sensor. went on a nice long test drive and no blow fuse. thanks for the help jason.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would if the harness part before the connector of the o2 got burnt?? I cut it out and put it together and still blowing fuses

1 - 9 of 9 Posts