Lexus IS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I waited and waited and now its in my garage. No flames, love the IS and know you guys have a great car and I still like the IS a lot. But no substitute for this.....

<A HREF="http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/doug01/2.jpg[/URL]" TARGET=_blank>http://www.corvetteforum.net/c5/doug01/2.jpg[/URL]</A>

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited October 09, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited October 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the bad link, the pic was takin just as the sun fell. That is the Superstition Mountains in the background just to the east of Phoenix.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know, would a used NSX have brand new engine, tires, warranty? Would it be a convertible? Would it be faster? Would it get decent mileage? 28 highway? Can it be serviced virtually anywhere?

I bought the Vette cause it blows doors, makes cool noise, is cheap to mod, its a convertible. I looked around and there wasn't anything and I mean anything for the money that would touch it.

Used acura NSX, are you joking?

·
Registered
44 Posts
That car cooks. If I had an extra 10K to spend, I would have seriously looked at the vette instead of my IS. Of course it's a little easier getting the baby seats in and out of an IS than a vette. Oh well, maybe when I'm retired.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Sweet ride....If I had that kinda money to spend, I would've bought the same thing (although a convertible may not be the perfect choice for the Pacific Northwest....)

Congrato!!!!

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Sweet car...not sure how you went from IS300 to Vette...seems like if you were looking at Vette you'd be making a comparison with similar car....are you smoking that crack that you used to finance your car or what?

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you go back a few months I was definetly interested in the IS. It was never a money issue, just thought it was a cool car. Funny comments from a loser though. Any time you want to rool up on me just let me know! WAAAHAHAHA. And whoever is getting cranky about American cars is probably relying on a single vehicle. Not a problem I have to deal with.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've got to admit, for an american car, the corvette is pretty impressive (interior material still gives me nightmares though).

I'm not going to put it down too much since the owner has the right mind to consider an IS.

whatever case, american car is still an american car, and anything with GM/Ford/Dodge stamped on it is out of my list.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Personally, if I was in the market for a high-price car, the viper will never make it to my list.

viper is a VERY powerful car, and I think it looks good. It's all muscle but no brain.

However, behind the gobs of torque and HP, it's still a Dodge (interior looks like the same material they have in the Neon)

I would have to turn to import aftermarket to compete with one (upgraded TT supra + boost controllers + intercooler = v8 azz kicker)

:)

[This message has been edited by vvtipwr (edited October 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Congrats man. I'm not too fond of American cars, but the Vette is probably one of the best cars for the money (if only it didn't have so many problems - I've heard).
The new Z06 makes a whopping 375 hp and the same number in torque, all for around $50K.
But then, if I had $50K to blow on a car, I'd probably have another $20K, which would get me a monsterous BMW M5 (one of my dream cars).
But again, for the money it's a great car. And I heard it handles great too. Too bad you didn't get an IS (my current, and best car to date).

enjoy

black/ivory
17"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.