Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking up my Graphite Grey/Black IS this Saturday (Finally!). I'd like to get a list of inspections items to go over when I take delivery. Since I'm picking it up from Thousand Oaks, I want to make sure everything is perfect before I drive back to the bay area.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
23 Posts
Check for soft or spongy brakes. Please let me know what you find.
Thank you,
[email protected]

Originally posted by Dtu:
I'm picking up my Graphite Grey/Black IS this Saturday (Finally!). I'd like to get a list of inspections items to go over when I take delivery. Since I'm picking it up from Thousand Oaks, I want to make sure everything is perfect before I drive back to the bay area.

Thanks

David

·
Registered
814 Posts
Look for any scratches etc. on the paint. While I was waiting for my IS to have the 1K inspection, three IS's got delivered. The graphite one got a scratch on the hood while unloading. Look at every angle while in direct sunlight.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Anyone have any info on the Silver? I've heard rumors of 'yellow spots' what about oxidizing? Does the silver sluff off after 5 years?

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have a silver as well. Looks great. I at first was not interested in silver, but when I saw it in person with the black interior that was all for me.

No yellow spots and it looks GREAT. I beleive this color is the best on the car, taking into consideration the interior colors and trim colors.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I concur!! Silver is classic.
Make sure you check wheel alignment and steering wheel alignment.
See if rims and/or underside of bumpers or tailpipe have been scratched.
Check body for any scratches or dings.
Take the long way home! The first drive in YOUR IS300 should be savored!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked mine up from Thousand Oaks Lexus too, it was in excellent condition, no yellow spots, scratches etc...perfect. Who did you buy from? On the drive back, keep it under 80....hahahaha

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions. I got the referral to the salesperson from Simon on the webboard.
I'm planning on taking PCH back to the bay area. I should be able to keep the speeds lower while getting some quality driving in.

David

·
Registered
354 Posts
I, too, am loving my Silver IS.
Your delivery inspection should be done in the bright sunlight. Carefully look the car over, body panel by body panel...checking for any warps, dings, scratches, paint imperfections, etc.
Most Lexus dealers are pretty anal about delivering spotless cars - I'm sure Thousand Oaks is no different.
Enjoy the Graphite. I've yet to see one that color on the L.A. freeways.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Any rule on how fast/rpms I can go during the break in period. I'm looking at a 5 hr drive back to the bay area.

David

·
Registered
626 Posts
If you go by the owners manual you are not to do the following:

Drive the vehicle over 55 mph
Go over 4,000 RPMs

Break hard.

First 1,000 miles.

I am not sure how strick to be, but my dealer told me to drive the car the way I intend to drive it and the only thing you should not do is drive any long distance at one rate of speed. Change speeds often.

Take it for what it is worth. I would not worry to much about it.

Have a great ride.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts