Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey heres the problem guys, my car has been acting strange lately after i ran it with a mustang my car is accelerated now meaning that when ever i start up the car and gets warmed up my rpm stays at 1500 even when its parked...i know this is not normal because it never use to do this...due to that when im driving and brake to zero in a full stop my car adds an extra push...my service light has been on for a while and i took it to the lexus delearship 3 days ago and ran it threw the computer and all they found was the o2 sensor needs to be replaced. if u guys could help me and tell me what u think is wrong with my car i will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
+rep!

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
chances are if the computer says it's the O2 sensor then it is. Depending on your set up you might have ran to lean or rich which can mess up the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
sounds like your o2 sensor :suspiciou

change the sensor, resent the ECU and see what happens...or jsut get the code cleared and reset the ECU and see what happens...Ive needed to change my [email protected] sensor for a year now, had the code cleared and it hasnt come back on since (I know I need to replace it) but the lights not on :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
stuck tps or idle control valve. i dont know what the direct terminology or placement would be on yours, but some tapping and some carb cleaner could do the trick. search around for that topic about the AIC or IAC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts