Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming soon to site.

Our IS300 nor the Mercedes C320 made the List..

Yes, the new BMW 330i's dominated our class of cars......

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
I still haven't received my freaking issue, my friends got it a week ago! Please post it! Of course the more expensive the car, the more likely it is to win Ten Best from C&D. They must think we all have money trees in our front yards. I don't even have a yard!

Originally posted by smra:
Coming soon to site.

Our IS300 nor the Mercedes C320 made the List..

Yes, the new BMW 330i's dominated our class of cars......

·
Registered
994 Posts
Hmm.. how is it that a car that made Japan's Car of the Year didn't even make it into the top 10 while cars like the A6 did ?

--k

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
In Japan, they can buy a 200 hp turbocharged IS200 with perfect weight balance (light engine) for $25,000. Plus, they like reasonably priced cars, unlike C&D which picks mostly $50,000 cars.

Originally posted by chiem:

Hmm.. how is it that a car that made Japan's Car of the Year didn't even make it into the top 10 while cars like the A6 did ?

--k

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Nope, the 200hp Altezza RS is a N/A engine with titanium valves tuned by Yamaha. That is the engine designed for the Altezza chassis, and I believe with that one the Altezza is achieving nearly 50/50 weight ratio.
One thing you got to remember about car magazines, they tend to choose a car that give the best first impression. They don't care about long term reliability (I think the whole long term test is B.S. for them), and they don't care too much about price. The only thing important to them is performance, comfort (to them at least), and fun factor. Other than that, they don't care.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just saw the TV show today and what a bunch of "BMW 3 MARKS". The BMW this, the BMW that, thay were markin' out to BMW like no other. Big whoop the "ALL NEW 3" 3X the electrical problems!!
Kevin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts