Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys bringing your cars to be detailed now that the warm weather is here? And how much does it cost?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
do it yourself. Meguiar's holds a nice clinic. Nobody but yourself is going to treat your car as good as you.

Reactions: MLee

·
Registered
941 Posts
do it yourself. Meguiar's holds a nice clinic. Nobody but yourself is going to treat your car as good as you.
Agreed! i can almost spend a whole day detailing my car, making it look just like the first day it was born lol! Anybody can detail their own car, just needs a bit of knowledge on how to do it, and of course most importantly, its in the products that you use for detailing, and what Lexusecutive said, Meguiars products are amazing i think, its what i use.

Reactions: tyks

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I'm going to do it all myself as well... can't wait for a little warmer weather so I can break out the PC as well to remove any swirl marks introduced in the winter weather (and I'm sure there are lots!)... I think I should patch up some chips while I'm at it too...

no more dirty car soon hahahahah I can't wait..

but if you want to pay someone to do it, I'm sure you're going to be looking around $100 mark for a decent wax job.

·
Registered
173 Posts
^ yea, if you could do it yourself it will great.

I worked at this detailing place before and everyone does a half ass job on cars. Then again, I was working at a shady shop... :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
like IS300RR said. 100% do it yourself. 100% use meguiars.

Meguiars will be holding a detailing clinic that i'll attend this year just to see what new products they have. i'll post when i get more info.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
^ yea, if you could do it yourself it will great.

I worked at this detailing place before and everyone does a half ass job on cars. Then again, I was working at a shady shop... :lol:
haha sounds like my experience too...

not going to name the shop, but back in the days, basically we would:

wax the top half of the car only if the pollutants and oxidants weren't that bad on the car
wash multiple cars with one bucket of water
use the same clay bar for a good, 10-20 cars... reuse the clay bar after dropping it on the floor and just rinsing it
have mostly junior guys wax majority of the cars, even if they have little to no experience.

pretty shady...

·
Registered
173 Posts
wax the top half of the car only if the pollutants and oxidants weren't that bad on the car
wash multiple cars with one bucket of water
use the same clay bar for a good, 10-20 cars... reuse the clay bar after dropping it on the floor and just rinsing it
have mostly junior guys wax majority of the cars, even if they have little to no experience.

pretty shady...
Thats exactly like the shop I worked at!!

If a nice car rolls into the shop and when the owner is gone... your car is gonna get abused.. excessive rev + ripping it thru the back alley. :pissed:

Always tell customer to pay with cash so they don't have to pay tax..

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
ouch...detailing business is a shady scene lol

I wouldn't mind a detailing clinic..seems very informative and would be very beneficial.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I have a guy that takes my car in 5 times a year from my work place and drops if back off in a few hours. for a package price of $250 I think

very good work.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thats exactly like the shop I worked at!!

If a nice car rolls into the shop and when the owner is gone... your car is gonna get abused.. excessive rev + ripping it thru the back alley. :pissed:

Always tell customer to pay with cash so they don't have to pay tax..
hahahah at least we don't do that...
at least most of us don't..
this one a-hole (never liked the guy) at times likes to back up cars by over revving the car and basically stressing the clutch... if I knew how to drive manual back then, I would have at least had a little more care when moving cars around...

haha the one time a Ferrari came in, the owner of the store moved that one... but it was nice to sit inside one :D

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
I'll be DIYing again this year. Thing is, the only place I can find claybars without getting them online is at CT but they only come in a package with some Meguires quick detailing. Anyone know where I can just get a claybar?
I'm in the same boat. Anyone?

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I'll buy the QuickDetailer off you guys as a full bottle when you get the claybar.

I go through QuickDetailer like madness.

Name a price.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hahahah at least we don't do that...
at least most of us don't..
this one a-hole (never liked the guy) at times likes to back up cars by over revving the car and basically stressing the clutch... if I knew how to drive manual back then, I would have at least had a little more care when moving cars around...

haha the one time a Ferrari came in, the owner of the store moved that one... but it was nice to sit inside one :D
haha, I 'learn' how to drive a manual when it was working at the shop. Manager was like: hop into that hyundai, its okay just ride on the clutch, its a POS anyways. :jawDrop: Funny thing was that my co-worker also learn how to drive manual on customer cars..

(we get a lot of cars from a nearby collisionshop so I had to drop off cars as well..)

it was fun working there as a summer job but not a place to bring my car to get detailed or windows tinted.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I second Picus, aka Kevin. He detailed my car last year and will be doing so again in early May. Here are some pics from last years detailing.
wow, what an amazing job. Yea I've heard good things about him. He really knows his stuff. Might have to take my car to him.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
1 - 20 of 38 Posts