Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good car cover for my IS? I need something to protect from the occasional ball or bike or whatever the kids happen to be doing in the driveway...

·
Registered
113 Posts
checked out the cover in the lexus parts department, they wanted 240 for a piece of sh*t cover. it looked like a $20 special to me. it was one of those thin jobs that was really rough. i'm gonna search for an aftermarket flannel.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, they wanted 220.00 for a cover so I went and bought one made of Evolution 4. I have to park mine in an apartment complex and was afraid of dings. This cover was pretty thick and provides good all around protection from dust, moisture, and UV rays if I park it outside. The only problem is it takes up quite a bit of room in the small IS trunk. Make sure you get the one that fits 15-16 foot cars. The 14-15 footer was too small. Cost on those is 120.00.

·
Registered
187 Posts
gmej,

Did you get your cover with the chain and locks to lock it down? I didn't see a $220 cover on the link for Evolution4. Did you get your custom fitted?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Let me clarify: The car cover I bought was $120.00 + tax from my local car parts store (I think it was Pepboys, you could even check out Kragen). It's made of Evolution 4 and was not custom fitted. Bought the cable and lock separately. If you don't need one that thick try one of the 3-ply car covers as they are easier to handle and won't take up as much space in your trunk if that's where you intend to keep it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
gmej
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing