Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this e-mail over the weekend. I've never been to something sponsored by Car and Driver so I'm not sure how it will be ...

Join CAR and DRIVER at Indianapolis Raceway Park July 23 - 24, 2005 as they celebrate their 50th Anniversary! Fellow enthusiasts, CAR and DRIVER staff, and celebrity drivers will be on hand for many exciting events. Got a question for your favorite editor? You'll see them all! Want to test out your driving abilities? You can race against an editor in a car provided by CAR and DRIVER on an autocross course, or you can sit back and enjoy the ride as professional drivers whip you around the 5/8ths oval in the cars you've dreamed about! For those of you that want to see how your own car stacks up against your peers, there will also be bracket drag racing and a 5-Decade Concours d'Elegance in which consumers and editors will determine the best car by decade.

The Precision Racing Organization will sanction the Race the Editor autocross at the CAR and Driver 50th anniversary party on July 23rd and 24th at Indianapolis Raceway Park. If you think you can out-drive the CAR and DRIVER editorial staff, this is your chance to prove you have what it takes (or not). All you need is $25.00 for an all-access event ticket, then for an additional $15.00 you can jump in a brand new Corvette, Mustang, BMW, or many other killer rides and race against the times of Csere, Quiroga, Yates, Swan, and the whole gang.

For complete details visit http://www.caranddriver.com/50 or http://www.precisionracing.org/50th/index.php?show=race_editors

·
15,322 Posts
you never answered my pm, i am saddened. i thought we had something. i called you many years ago. i sent my son in a box via dhl, it was returned. im sore and need a massage. mazdaspeed is my internet friend.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
C&D is good at shit like this... unfortunately Indy Race Park isnt a good venue. It has no road course for fast driving. They will probably be setting up the autocross course outside in the parking lot.. not exactly the race track experience they are trying to convey...

Although the 5/8ths track is one of the highest banked tracks in the country. So that would be cool to drive on if you havent dont that sort of thing. But dont expect speeds in excess of 100mph with any street car... its just too short of a track to hold any real speeds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts