Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has received the Jan., 2001 issue of Car and Driver? It is the new issue with the comparison test of the 325i, IS300, C-class, Audi A4, Volvo S60, and Saab 9-3 SE.
There has been so much discussion on this article on this board, as well as Bimmer.org, that I was hoping somebody can post it at this site. It does not hit newstands until 12/05/00.
A stripped BMW 325i won the test, the Lexus came in 3rd. While dissappointed, again the IS300 was the only auto tranny in the group.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i haven't seen it yet but i know we lost the moter trend car of the year, to the PT crusier. Probably the biggest peice of garbage ever made

·
Registered
90 Posts
MT Car of the Year applies only to American cars. They also have Import Car of the year, so the IS would compete for this one instead.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Is that still true? for some reason I thought they combined it since many imported cars were being built in U.S. and it was getting very confusing comming down to what percentage of the parts are made in U.S.
Originally posted by Cal:
MT Car of the Year applies only to American cars. They also have Import Car of the year, so the IS would compete for this one instead.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I thought they tested it against the 330i, which would make sense of the numbers. It's a nice car, but I'm still happy with my IS.

·
Registered
281 Posts
im sorry guys...
but Japanese engineering cannot compare to German engineering...its as simple as that...
trust me..
id rather get an IS than a BMW....
but its a fact we all have to face..
Japanese engineers have tried to do reverse-engineering, u know take apart a BMW and try to figure out how the engine flows so well..
but even then, they cannot develop a similar type of technology...
i mean Japanese rides are far superior to American rides, but Germans are just a step ahead, but i believe the IS was a big step forward for Japanese auto engineering.....

but i give props to IS's, i luv em...
i think there a better value than BMW..
but if i had to spend an extra 6 g's, id get a BMW...

late

1 - 6 of 6 Posts