Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The issues should be in your mailboxes sometime this week.

Who wants to take a stab at this years 10 best list?


last years list included:
Acura RSX
Audi A4
BMW 3 series
BMW 5 series
Corvette
Ford Focus
Honda Accord
Honda S2000
Boxster
Subaru WRX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,540 Posts
Just add up the total pages of advertising each car has done over the past year.

Top ten advertisers = top ten list for the following year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
ATLDave said:
Just add up the total pages of advertising each car has done over the past year.

Top ten advertisers = top ten list for the following year.
My, my, my, aren't you a cynacle little SOB. :shame:

I think you must have C&D's 10best confused with MotorTrend's Car of the Year Award. Past COY winners include the Dodge Aspen. Nuff said there.

My best guess at the new list.

Mini Cooper
Audi A4
BMW 3 series
BMW 5 series
Corvette
Infinity G35
Honda Accord
Nissan Z350
Boxster
Subaru WRX
 

·
Commander In Beef
Joined
·
25,546 Posts
Justin.b said:
ATLDave said:
Or the Renault Alliance - 1983 COY.
Renault was 'the one to watch' after all.... the damn car's even had rear window banners proclaiming their 'achievement' as car of the year...

-Justin
I've often seen Ford Ghias in Spain with that same proclemation (circa 1996)!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,548 Posts
I thought it was funnier than SHIT when one of those crappy mags called the new T-Bird COY! Before it was even released!

Now they had so many recalls, people are getting rid of them like crazy cause they are a pile of shit that keeps falling apart because it was built so damn cheaply.

That right there showed me how bad the mag's have gotten as far as pay-off's. There should be no way that car should have won.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
8,107 Posts
You'd think the 500 recalls on the Focus would get it booted from the list, but you'd be wrong. :)

BMW 3 series
BMW 5 series
Ford Focus
Infiniti G35
MazdaSpeed Protege
Mini Cooper
Honda Accord
Nissan 350Z
Porsche Boxster
VW Passat (I'm probably wrong)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
335 Posts
It maybe uglier than sin, but I can't believe the BMW 7 Series won't make the list, based on technical innovation alone.

BMW 7 Series
Accord
350Z
G35
BMW 3 series
Focus SVT
Audi A4
Vette
Mini
Either the new Ferrari or the Lambo?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
chimera_57 said:
It maybe uglier than sin, but I can't believe the BMW 7 Series won't make the list, based on technical innovation alone.

BMW 7 Series
Accord
350Z
G35
BMW 3 series
Focus SVT
Audi A4
Vette
Mini
Either the new Ferrari or the Lambo?
I think they have a limit on the cost of the cars that make the list, like $60K or something like that, but I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, here's my list...

BMW 3 series
BMW 5 series
Corvette
Honda Accord (new 240 HP one)
Infiniti G35/G35 Coupe
Mini Cooper
Nissan 350Z
Nissan Altima
Porsche Boxster (makes it every year)
Subaru WRX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
CRB said:
ATLDave said:
Just add up the total pages of advertising each car has done over the past year.

Top ten advertisers = top ten list for the following year.
My, my, my, aren't you a cynacle little SOB. :shame:

I think you must have C&D's 10best confused with MotorTrend's Car of the Year Award. Past COY winners include the Dodge Aspen. Nuff said there.

My best guess at the new list.

Mini Cooper
Audi A4
BMW 3 series
BMW 5 series
Corvette
Infinity G35
Honda Accord
Nissan Z350
Boxster
Subaru WRX
I received my new Car and Driver today. And the 10Best are:

Acura RSX
BMW 3-series/M3
Chevrolet Corvette
Ford Focus
Honda Accord
Infinity G35
Mazda 6s
Nissan 350Z
Porsche Boxster
Subaru Impreza WRX

So I got 7/10. They really love that new Mazda 6s though.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
15 Participants
CaptainBenzo
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing
Top