Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well on saturday night, my car was hit by an suv on the freeway on the 170north to the 5north ramp. my car lost control due to the rain and i was spinning all the way on the ramp and its a downhill so it was even harder to control(2 lane ramp). well i was lucky that i only hit the ramp 3 times on the sharp left turn ramp going downhill but the car looks really nasty.
my front end needs a whole new body for sure and same with the back.
my airbags didnt go off which is a good thing and from what i can see (the hood is opened a bit to the side) is i need a new intake system from the airbox to the air flow box thing. my exhaust which was once a big circle is now as flat as a coin :O. they estimate it will be around 6grand to fix. i was wondering what parts i should get for the car. i want the car to look better then before. im lookin for smoked headlites\taillites, trd carbon fiber grille, maybe l-tuned bodykit and stuff like that.

it would be really helpful if you guys can help me out with sites or places to buy and tips and advices what i should put to the car.
i only have a limited time to do so because the insurance wants to get it done and over with.

thanks a lot.

im basically aiming for jdm style but keeping it trd\lexus parts because i get 25% off any parts from toyota\lexus. like altezza grille looks da same with the trd so imma get trd. thx a lot guys, hopefully i can get my car back up and running again. i was so bitter with no emotions when i looked at my car..i seriously thought it was total from the looks of it.

(also posted in inside & out forum)

·
8,827 Posts
6K? Whomever gave you that estimate must not know what the cost is to repair the IS. :bitching: :shame:

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
vlad_a said:
6K? Whomever gave you that estimate must not know what the cost is to repair the IS. :bitching: :shame:
haha, no kidding. I had a very minor fender bender a couple weeks ago where i clipped the back of a pickup as I was swerving to avoid him. The right front corner of my car basically went under the corner of his car so one corner of my hood was crumpled and the right fender was damaged. The headlight was still working, but there were minor cracks in the top of the housing so I'm replacing that and it's been in the shop for over 2 weeks now and is about 3k in damage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.