Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is so nice...... is there a way i can bypass that thing? gimme rep peeps. I need to see what is available on the market to go sidewayz

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
lol you need 50 post, and rep. Rep beggin is the best way to get some negative rep.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
This Marketplace rule will remain in effect whether you like it or not.
This rule is for the greater good and outweighs the negative. Marketplace is a privilege, not an automatic entitlement.

In order for you to view or post in the Marketplace you must meet all 3 criteria:
- 90 days membership
- 50 viable posts
- 0+ rep

Must have 50 viable posts. Meaning no spam replies. ex: nice, good job, etc... I'm sure you get my point.

While we are firm believers in the freedom of speech and expression, you DO NOT have the right to say whatever you want in this community. Anything that goes against our core beliefs or breaks any of the guidelines set forth by the Administration will not be allowed. Posts and comments that are meant to incite conflicts between members or outside parties are strictly prohibited. my.IS - Lexus IS Forum Administration and Staff has the absolute right to close (or leave open), edit, modify or delete any content found in this community. We will not tolerate individuals or groups creating problems within the community. It's our site, and if you don't like it, I hear the Internet is really big.

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum - User's Guide: Site Rules and Guidelines

Often times, majority of the people complaining are the ones SPAMming or Post Whoring. If you guys keep this up...I'll guarantee you getting into the Marketplace will take even longer. So, please refrain from spamming or post whoring and post viable post. Otherwise, the moderators will apply the necessary repercussions.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
that is so nice...... is there a way i can bypass that thing? gimme rep peeps. I need to see what is available on the market to go sidewayz
wtf is this shit? lol is300 is a very driftable car, even when stock. i tracked mine last year bone stock with broken springs and it got sideways just fine.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
As JohnnyChimpo stated, the MP is a privilege that is earned once you become an active member and contribute to the site. We cannot make exceptions here and there. There is no need to rep beg either.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
rules are enforced by the bullies here too, :cool:
Nobody is really bullying anyone. This happens almost just about every day. It can be avoided by the new member if the rules are simply read. We do not want all of our forums to turn into the classifieds section, especially with one time buyers/sellers, that's all.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Nobody is really bullying anyone. This happens almost just about every day. It can be avoided by the new member if the rules are simply read. We do not want all of our forums to turn into the classifieds section, especially with one time buyers/sellers, that's all.
I believe hes talking about 1 odd admin.

1,800 Posts
dont gotta justify anything to me bud, ive been here longer then you think.
ya dig, good.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Look at a member's profile. There is a tab for their reputation. Look to the left of the post's on this page. Way under your name are two buttons. One for "online" and one for "rep". You click on it to give other users positive or negative rep.

·
Banned
3 Posts
Oh perfect, a thread that I can vent on sweet. Let me say a couple things about this forum that I have noticed. Firstly, I do not drive a Lexus, I have an M3 and I am a part of a BMW forum that is far superior to this one in every way! The only reason I joined this forum (and I've done so under several aliases b/c I've been locked out every time) was b/c a good friend of mine owns a Lexus, tried to not only better his already good knowledge of the vehicle, but also connect with other Lexus owners and purchase parts and begin modding as quick as possible. Unfortunately it was IMpossible!

Lexus owners already have a negative stereotype for being smug assholes that think they own the world simply b/c they have a Lexus. After being on this forum I have realized this is, for the most part, true. It's a sad state of affairs when someone attempts to ask a question which requires nothing more than a simple response and gets nothing except for flaming simply for the fact of asking a simple question or is directed to horrible search feature that takes you to an outdated thread with a million different responses that leads to no real answer. I would have expected this for my e46 forum, but it's the total opposite. You ask a question, you get an answer. You need help, by God you get help! If you want to buy and/or sell parts, you can do so without being a part of the forum for a million years with 10,000,000,000 posts and a "reputation" of 500,000,000.

Instead I've found that moderators here do nothing more than re-iterate the "rules of the forum", hack accounts and change settings.

So to all the moderators on this forum and all the asshole Lexus owners out there that flame people no better reason than to just flame them...I say FUCK YOU!

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Basically my point of this post is simple, if this forum is setup to ensure a SAFE PLACE for IS owners to come to for information and help on their vehicles, NO ONE should be allowed access to other peoples profile information.
Why? There is nothing personally confidential in the profiles. Visitors cannot access it, only members also. What problem or issue can arise from a member viewing another member's profile?

·
Banned
3 Posts
wtf is this shit? lol is300 is a very driftable car, even when stock. i tracked mine last year bone stock with broken springs and it got sideways just fine.
Wow, I actually didn't even notice this until after my rant. This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about with the flamers on this forum. Did this comment really serve any purpose? No. Did it engage some sort of thoughtful debate? No. Did it teach anyone anything? Other than the fact you're a moron...no. Is this not what one would call spam? Hello moderators! I found some spam! Can we lock this guy out and take away his rep like you do to all others??

Number 1: Any rear wheel drive car is a driftable car with the right persuasion of the gas pedal and steering wheel.

Number 2: Do you see any factory IS300's in FD or DMCC? No...of course you're gonna mod for a better drifting experience!

Number 3: Can a person drive a car while talking on their cell phone and reading a book at the same time? Sure...but that doesn't make it a good idea! <- in case your wondering about the relevance of this comment, it's just to show how stupid, and how much of an asshole you are.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
I also vote to keep this thread open for sheer lolz. I need reading content at work.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts