Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guy this is gotta b the most stupidest question, but how the hell u get the oil filter out? i tryed going left, right, and under the car, but the damm thing wont come out because alll the crap thats blocking it.

·
8,827 Posts
Unscrew tranny fluid dipstick. That'll get things moving. :D
It is possible to get the filter out without unscrewing it, but that requires very high IQ rating. :whine:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just did this yesterday...just have it side way and pulled it upward between the engine and "hump" (excuse my terminology) by the driver's side fender. You'll know what i mean when you see it. Anyway, you notice the engine will "move" a little bit as you squeeze it out just to give enough space to get the filter out.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
push on the intake maniford in the direction towards the passenger side and that will give you enough room to slide it out from the top. I takes a lot of effort, so don't be shy and just give it a good amount of pressure.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think they almost glue on the oil filter from the factory. If worst comes to worst and you cant seem to get it off, you can poke a screwdriver through it and it will for sure come off along with a nice amount of oil. Mine was a royal PITA the first time around I changed the oil. But after that it is pretty painless. Anyways changing the oil yourself is so much cheaper than the dealer. And there is no way i'll let some Jiffy Lube touch my IS300. Around here the dealer wants over $40 for a oil change. I just go to the Toyota dealer and get a factory filter for $4 and six quarts of 05-30 Castrol from Pep Boys. Less than $15 and 20 minutes later i'm done....

·
Registered
336 Posts
van48 said:
ok guy this is gotta b the most stupidest question, but how the hell u get the oil filter out? i tryed going left, right, and under the car, but the damm thing wont come out because alll the crap thats blocking it.
pm me a fax number and i will zerox the page out of the service shop manual to fax to you to help you out.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
I have one of those "cap" to put over the oil filter. It connects to a socket wranch, and I loosen it by that.

Good luck taking the oil filter out of the car!! :lol:

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
I have one of those "cap" to put over the oil filter. It connects to a socket wranch, and I loosen it by that.

Good luck taking the oil filter out of the car!! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.