Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Not sure what the problem is or how it even happened, but I can't open my left side back seat passenger door from the outside or the inside, and yes it's unlocked. I can pull the handle out fully and the door opens just enough to trigger the door open sensor, kind of like when you close the door too lightly, and have to give it a push or a bump to close it.
It's like it's stuck on something (maybe my own stupidity).

Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So when you manually unlock it from the inside, it still is catching right? I wonder if something is wrong with the linkage to the latch. You may have to go to a shop if moderate force from the inside won't open it.
Yes that's correct, and I'm afraid to use too much force.
My last car was a 94 integra, real simple, so I thought maybe it was just an oversight on my part due to all this new tech I'm not familiar with (A safety feature, or something I did while playing around with the computer/nav system). If it's a real problem I'll take it to the dealer since I'd probably make it worse if I tried to do any panel removal business myself.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys,

Not sure what the problem is or how it even happened, but I can't open my left side back seat passenger door from the outside or the inside, and yes it's unlocked. I can pull the handle out fully and the door opens just enough to trigger the door open sensor, kind of like when you close the door too lightly, and have to give it a push or a bump to close it.
It's like it's stuck on something (maybe my own stupidity).

Has this happened to anyone else?
Yes‼ Im also searching for Solutions‼

1 - 9 of 9 Posts