Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of buying an IS in about 4 months and im trying to decide on a color... I"ve used the search button and when ever i click on a thread, the pics are so old the server isn't even up anymore...
So I'm looking for a white IS with white wheels.. if anyone has pics could you please post them... thank you in advance...

i found this pic... but i dunno what wheels they are? im thinking TENZO?

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
exhaust_note said:
Im thinking of buying an IS in about 4 months and im trying to decide on a color... I"ve used the search button and when ever i click on a thread, the pics are so old the server isn't even up anymore...
So I'm looking for a white IS with white wheels.. if anyone has pics could you please post them... thank you in advance...

i found this pic... but i dunno what wheels they are? im thinking TENZO?
first of all those are axis se7ens, second if you were gonna get an is3 white would be a great choice but dont put TENZO R Your best bet would be to get white te37s :D

-Eddie

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
can't help you with those rims, but I'll gladly take that white girl :eek:

talk about a piece

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IS300GTR said:
first of all those are axis se7ens, second if you were gonna get an is3 white would be a great choice but dont put TENZO R Your best bet would be to get white te37s :D

-Eddie
yeah... i like the se7en's...volk te37's are nice but the largest size rim is 18"... I know what you mean about Tenzo too, all of ther wheels are just cheap look alikes of other rims manufactors...

·
Registered
831 Posts

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
IS300GTR said:

-Eddie
if you were to check out the actual manufacturer's stamp on the back of the Axis Wheels..they are made by Lenso. If you look at the back of a Tenzo-R wheel .. they are also made by Lenso.

During Sema 2003, I wast at a Lenso Booth, and saw that they had on display all the axis wheels with Lenso center caps. :eek:

.... just thought I'd share... carry on.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I dont understand whats the problem with cheap wheels. I have bent $900 wheels and I have not yet bent a $150 wheel and i have had everything in between. :-?

The majority of you fockers are just bandwagoning idiots who really dont know much about anything. You all are too taken up in the brand name game.. grow da fock up.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:
I dont understand whats the problem with cheap wheels. I have bent $900 wheels and I have not yet bent a $150 wheel and i have had everything in between. :-?

The majority of you fockers are just bandwagoning idiots who really dont know much about anything. You all are too taken up in the brand name game.. grow da fock up.
i agree with you totally

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are definite quality and weight improvements when going to a more expensive forged rim.
One of the 4x4 mags did an interesting wheel test a few years ago - drove a chevy 4x4 without tires on 3 different price ranged rims. One was steel, one was cast aluminum, and one was forged. The forged rim sustained the least damage, weighed the least and was repaired for the same cost as the cast rim. The steel rim was cheaper to replace completely rather than repair.
I could care less about the name brand. However, I do prefer a quality, forged, light weight rim. This typically requires a more expensive reputable manufacturer.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
EL_PAALO said:
There are definite quality and weight improvements when going to a more expensive forged rim.
One of the 4x4 mags did an interesting wheel test a few years ago - drove a chevy 4x4 without tires on 3 different price ranged rims. One was steel, one was cast aluminum, and one was forged. The forged rim sustained the least damage, weighed the least and was repaired for the same cost as the cast rim. The steel rim was cheaper to replace completely rather than repair.
I could care less about the name brand. However, I do prefer a quality, forged, light weight rim. This typically requires a more expensive reputable manufacturer.
Thanks for that great write up.... next time i take the IS300 on the rubicon trail.. I'll think of you :roll:

Nothing will ever come close to the performance of my original Nippon Racing EVO's I paid $700 for them and they were the best wheels I ever bought.

·
Registered
71 Posts
They just drove em' down a paved street for about 1000 feet to test durability and strength. They proved that forged is worth the money because they're stronger and more durable. If that's true driving around without a tire on a heavier vehicle, it's certainly true on an IS with tires. You get what you pay for most of the time.

:crazy:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
BigDaddyRich said:

Werd.

I've seen Volk AV3's (forged, and was suppose to be the strongest wheels on the market at the time) bent in the first night the guy owned it.

I had cheapy wheels, and I hit pothols/railroad tracks etc.... I had them for 2 years, and only got a very very very minor bend in them. it wasn't noticeable, unless i pointed them out to you.

And you know wht brand they were?? Tenzo's. They were cheap, they looked nice, they weren't as heavy as I thought they would be... and most importantly.. they did their job.

until one day.. some did their job on my wheels and stole them. :crazy: :bitching:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.