Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This came up in another thread and people didn't know there was an actual key hole in the door handle. there is a key hole. on the right hand side of the door handle, look under it, there is a notch, you can stick the actual key in there or something with some leaverage and "pop" off the cover. your actual key hole is under the cap. use that if your battery is dead in your remote.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i take it this is for the IS250/350?

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
theformat26 said:
i take it this is for the IS250/350?
it must be, becuase the IS300 has one key hole very visible to the naked eyes.

since the topic seems to be pointing towards the "discoveries" in the IS series, i'd like to ask this one question. i've had two IS300 and until now i still can't find the 2nd ciggy plug. the first one is very obvious of course. where is the other one? i swear i remember reading a post long time ago that there are two plugs in the IS300.

·
Registered
390 Posts
rpwsrw said:
This came up in another thread and people didn't know there was an actual key hole in the door handle. there is a key hole. on the right hand side of the door handle, look under it, there is a notch, you can stick the actual key in there or something with some leaverage and "pop" off the cover. your actual key hole is under the cap. use that if your battery is dead in your remote.
Funny story about that. Last month when i was at the Lexus dealership they were telling me that the truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car off the truck. He apparently could not find the key hole on the driver's side and had no idea there was a keyless entry....

·
Registered
148 Posts
n2knee said:
since the topic seems to be pointing towards the "discoveries" in the IS series, i'd like to ask this one question. i've had two IS300 and until now i still can't find the 2nd ciggy plug. the first one is very obvious of course. where is the other one? i swear i remember reading a post long time ago that there are two plugs in the IS300.
It isn't really a second lighter, just an accessory power jack. Look under your armrest in that square compartment. feel for the plastic piece, it flips out to reveal the plug.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
jsk97vmi said:
Funny story about that. Last month when i was at the Lexus dealership they were telling me that the truck driver couldn't figure out how to get the car off the truck. He apparently could not find the key hole on the driver's side and had no idea there was a keyless entry....
The leather holder for the fob now comes with a little picture thingie to tell how to start the car.

·
11,061 Posts
Maybe they should put hair on the hole so you guys can find it.... ;)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
The thing I'm wondering about: Is there a key hole for the ignition? So you can start the car if your key's battery runs out? I think that'd be a very usefull thing to have- a hidden ignition keyhole somewhere.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
IS JOE said:
The thing I'm wondering about: Is there a key hole for the ignition? So you can start the car if your key's battery runs out? I think that'd be a very usefull thing to have- a hidden ignition keyhole somewhere.
No key hole. You have to hold the fob close to the button and there is a weak signal that will allow you to start the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts