Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what color should i get?....I want silver but its hard to find.........I like the blue but people tell me that i will get tired of it....no red please...thanks in advance

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I waited 7 weeks for a Silver w/ Blk...then my sales We-knee called me and said he had a loaded LSD, heated seats etc etc SBM w/ Ivory....it was the best decision I could have made.

Acutally, no offense to the Silver boys, but there was a Silver base model right next to my SBM and it was an easy choice for me to make...I love the Blue!

Red is the weakest color I think...but at least it isn't as bad as that CL S-TYPE Diaper Crap Yellow thing.

You'll do fine put Silver down as first and Blue second...see what you can get your mitts on first and if it doesn't float your boat wait for the next color.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:

but at least it isn't as bad as that CL S-TYPE Diaper Crap Yellow thing.

i won't mention your pimpy chrome taillights, then, that come on every is3 color.

nope. not a word.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
geoff - no worries about the lights...I actually like them...is your CL that funky color? For some reason I had you pegged for a Silver CL.

Sorry if I offended you but it is not you everyday color...primarily because it sucks

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Black w/ ivory interior and a good tint job will look extremely good. But you do have to constantly maintain the exterior since it shows dust much more than the other colors.
Now I just need a spoiler.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
I saw a white IS300 with chrome wheels (yuck) and a decent-sized (i.e., not huge) wing in Westwood Village today. Looked pretty sweet (except for the chrome).

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
what color should i get?....I want silver but its hard to find.........I like the blue but people tell me that i will get tired of it....no red please...thanks in advance
According to the FAQ, silver was being produced in greatest quantity (30%) so you should be able to find it.

------------------
cardinal
'01 Silver/Black
LS, LD, HH, SR, 17"

·
Registered
626 Posts
SILVER SILVER SILVER. Really though it just depends on what type of look you are after.

Look at the colors and decide on what fits your own style and personality.

I could see myself in a Silver, Grey, or Black. Just happened to like the SILVER when I saw it.

Don't worry if you love the car the right color will come to you.

·
Registered
344 Posts
GOTTURBO:
Call down to Lexus of Carlsbad. I was just there this morning. Or better yet, make the drive down. Should only take you less than an 1 1/2 hours. They've got a silver, black with chromed 18's but cloth int., graphite grey, SBM, and white with cloth.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dark colors make the car look smaller and they are more difficult to "maintain."
Lighter colors are less dramatic, but stay cleaner longer and cooler in the sun.
I have seen every color on the road here in Los Angeles; the only one I would not pick is the Auburn Sky Pearl (Red? That's not what I call Red.)
I bought Silver/Black and love it. Graphite was my second choice.
Remember, Black, White, and Silver are the three "colors" that are perennial...they'll still be around years from now. Solar Yellow? Imperial Jade Mica? They'll be "dated" within a couple of years.

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
geoff - no worries about the lights...I actually like them...is your CL that funky color? For some reason I had you pegged for a Silver CL.

Sorry if I offended you but it is not you everyday color...primarily because it sucks
no, mine's black (tho i considered silver...good guess). and i'm just screwing with y'all as usual -- the CL-S gold looks like a few animals turned themselves inside out on the sheetmetal, and acura said, "hey, nice!"

the cl community calls it "pimp gold." i call it ugly.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
I knew you were probably messing with me...I mean who could love that color?

Do you have a hard time keep the CLS clean out there in MI?

What about the Salt?

Got any cleaning tips?

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I knew you were probably messing with me...I mean who could love that color?

Do you have a hard time keep the CLS clean out there in MI?

What about the Salt?

Got any cleaning tips?
this is my second black car -- my jeep v8 was my first. it sucks, but the look when black is clean is second to none. it's incredible. my 951 is guard's red, and that's a hell of a lot easier to keep clean.

i wash with a very clean mitt, dry with either diapers or washed-and-dried cotton towels. with my jeep and 951, i've used zymol as the wax, but with my cl-s i'm thinking about finish first -- an excellent polymer polish that is supposed to last a long time.

however, i've had great results with zymol, and am reluctant to give it up. it's expensive, and it can be hard to take off if you go too thick, but the results are great. my only real gripe is that it doesn't seem to last very long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my blue!! I almost got black but decided that:

a) it wasn't "me"
b) it'd get dirty too fast and I didn't want to wash it all the time.

I found it really helpful when the dealer pulled out the blue and black next to eachother and I stared at 'em for 30 minutes. Became really clear after that.

Also you're get an IS-300--you'll love it like a child whatever the color.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts