Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before anyone flames on me, just want you to know Ive done all the research on these two exhausts. I know the prices, heard the sound clips, read the posts, and I cant decide. Im leaning towards apexi n1 because it has a beefier low sounding tone. The hks sounds good to but not as beefy however, I heard hks puts down the best hp. Does anyone know the gains for the Apexi N1? Any fresh and current opinions would be great. Please help me decide. Thanks

·
S*A*G*E
2,875 Posts
I remember looking for the hp gains for the N1 a couple of years ago but couldn't find anything. But i do know the the his hi will give you what your looking for. Honestly you won't notice any power differences unless you change out intake, headers and possibly some y pipe b pipe swaps, but those are hard to find.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Get exhaust for looks and/or sound since power will be about the same...and pretty much unnoticeable. I didn't feel any power differences between stock, N1, and L-Tuned. If you prefer the tone of the N1, go for it.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Both are really good reputable companies. I usually lean more towards hks. But like rvalero said, you wont feel any noticeable power with any exhaust set up. People usually choose off of sound with the is300. So go for the one that sounds best to you, not what other thinks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Personally I own the HKS carbon TI, which I LALALOVE!! even more now. I switched exhaust for about 2 weeks now with my friend who has a full APEXI exhasut system. We changed out only the axle back. The APEXI sounds amazing on his car (keep in mind, he has a full setup), so we traded...my HKS has a nice deep tone when on my car, with an OEM setup. Once it was installed on his car, it made it sound like a suburu LOL with a high pitch honda sound at wot :pissed: The APEXI on my car, sounded no different than the stock exhaust. So unless your planning to do a full setup, go with the HKS...just my .02, and I will definitely be getting mine back, LOL I miss it :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the HKS, I find it perfect for me, not much louder than stock but lets you hear the engine more. Sounds like you'd prefer something a bit louder so maybe the N1 would be better for you.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright I decided to go with Apexi N1 catback exhaust. I had a nice 1st gen nissan altima with a Greddy SP1 cat back and it sounded mean wot (no rice noise) but deep low tone while cruising. I loved it. I think the Apexi N1 will get me close to that tone. Should have it and installed in a week or so. Keep you posted. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
One person says N1 ,another will say HKS , so you like the louder one go with that one till you want a quieter one then go with HKS ....end of story ...

search youtube for sound clips and theres also a exhaust rating thread somewhere on this site...lol

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
search youtube for sound clips and theres also a exhaust rating thread somewhere on this site...lol
One person will read posts, Another will skim thru posts. So you like to skim thru posts so go with that. when you want to read posts then go to the top of this thread and read the first sentence in my first post. :jawDrop: ...End of Story...

j/k man

·
Registered
79 Posts
The N1 was a good choice. I put mine on a couple months back and i love it. It has a nice deep growl that doesnt remind me of rice at all. And at WOT.....yahtzee..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im leaning towards apexi n1 because it has a beefier low sounding tone. The hks sounds good to but not as beefy however, I heard hks puts down the best hp. Does anyone know the gains for the Apexi N1?????

·
Registered
193 Posts
i went with apexi WS2 i like more quiet.

But now i got intake, headers, BC 264 cams, and camgears, and its going to the shop now to hopefully get a custom dual exhaust done

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just installed my HKS hi power cat back today. No midpipe. Stock heeaders. Only aem intake. Almost silent at idle. Nice deep tone. Makes your motor grumble real nice. My cousin has a full system and it’s not as loud as you’d expect. Nice ol skool feel and sound to it

1 - 19 of 19 Posts