Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know a Canadian retailer that sells replica OEM wheels, or real OEM at good prices?

I want to pimp out my dads minivan for him, his bday is coming up and I thought a nice set of OEM rims and tires to replace his steely hubcaps would be a neat gift.

The dealer wants like $600 a wheel, thats more than I paid for my 18" Rays lol, so thats not an option. I found online place that does $160 for real OEM and $140 for replica but they are based in the states and ship UPS. I want to avoid cross-border shipping costs if possible, especially with UPS.

Tires23 said they don't deal replicas and can only get them from the dealer.

Nothing on eBay.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just pick up some used ones from the Marketplace.
Ship them to Canada...

Example of costs; rim cost + $80 for shipping from California + $45 brokerage and tax. You should be able to find a nice set for less than $100/rim. You might not be able to find 4 all at once, but the come up regularily.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Fast Wheels makes replica IS350 rims... they have a whole collection of replica wheels from various companies now. I'm actually like the look of a lot of the FAST rims now.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Craigslist :)

Seriously though, Craigslist is a GREAT place to find OEM wheels. A ton of people take them off and then sell them on there. Check it out ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
:jawDrop: I can't wait to pull up beside your old man's minivan at a light and see him sporting the same rims as my winter setup. :wtf: :puke: :confused:

I'm all for you stepping up you father's wheel game or giving him some other practical gift for his birthday BUT please don't disgrace/devalue the IS by doing this.

Remember your father is already driving a minivan. Aside from the minivan from A-Team, Old School and a few select others, Minivans are WEAK. If you're rolling in a minivan you've pretty much thrown in the towel on being perceived as cool ('pimp'). I can respect that if the need warrants it (ie. kids or financial circumstances).

You've got a million other options. It's bad enough that civics, cavaliers and other imitators try to incorporate pseudo IS tail lights. Please respect our aging IS300s like you would your father.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hehe I guess I should have mentioned it, but by OEM wheels I meant OEM dodge wheels not IS lol!

Not many people take those off so it's not that easy to find.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts