Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Base A pkg. $42,425
B pkg. $45,395
C pkg. $47,630
D pkg. $48,105
well I think QX4/2001 is more a vehicle than
IS300 in price, what do you folks think?

·
Registered
424 Posts
hi md11,

Is it the Canadian offical pricing ? Where did you get it from ?

I can't believe the "D" sfx ends up so high...

thanks

AndyL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got it from both and the only two dealer
in B.C., oh yeah the price is so high for me
to seat on, I am think like QX4/2001,IS300,
maybe $200 per/months more get a Audi S4, I don't know what to buy now

·
Registered
14 Posts
ya, where did you get that price? and where are you located, Toronto?

I hope that it's not their final price cuz if you add taxes and all the rest maybe I'll be looking elsewhere this summer...

·
Registered
14 Posts
another ? md11, how much in cdn $ for a S4? I didn't really look at it, maybe I will now... and do you know if they will re-style the S4 in the near futur?

Thanx alot!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi md11,

thanks for your quick reply. Are the prices before tax or on the road ?

It's really a big mistake for Lexus to set the prices so high especially for suffix "C" and "D" because according to dealers and various sources, these 2 packages are the ones people would mostly look for.

For suffix "D", it's in the realm of ES300 pricing which is more equipped. At least ES300 got the memory seats/mirrors, double console with dual power outlets, a decent coin storage, more wood, full leather seats, higher grade dash and more up-scale treatment of full tank opener and trunk opener, hydraulic rods for the hood and a known reliablity reputation...

AndyL
A current ES300 owner

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Likwid,
the price for S4 MSRP $60G than I think we can get $5G discount, is like $10G more from IS300 but a way better car!
2002 is going to change(redesign), I like the
recent style though, if you rally want to go for S4 wait for 2001 model b/c they change
the final drive so that the 0-100km/h will be quicker than 2000 model!

Hi AndyL,
all price + tax

Sorry this reply is out of Lexus topic

new car for mill.summer

[This message has been edited by md11 (edited May 24, 2000).]

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi guys,

Guess what, I've got a different pricing from an Ontario dealer. According to them, B.C has the freight charged upfront.

Here is the pricing..

A : $40830
B: $43800
C: $46035
D: $46510

·
Registered
14 Posts
well thanx md11!
thanx for your advise on the faster 2001 S4 model... but I'll still wait a bit to be 100% sure on the IS300 price (even if yours seems pretty sure...
)

·
Registered
14 Posts
damn! was posting while AndyL was now...

now with AndyL's prices I think it's more fair, and since you live closer to me I think maybe the price will be closer to mine, but on my side I'll have to add the F*CKIN TVQ over that price...

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey guys, on the canadian lexus website, when they say: Premium leather, I guess here in Canada we'll have a full leather option? or maybe I was just not up to date...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hi Likwid Blaze,

I guess the premium leather relates to the piping of the leather as shown in a ordering guide by a dealer. However, I am not sure anymore as the guide did not mention the headlamp washers nor the graphite polished wheels. In fact, the guide refers the graphite wheels as chrome wheels. Oh well...

Besides, I have asked the dealers a few days ago about the grahite polish wheels options and they didn't know anything about.

AndyL

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
no... i don't think so... 2 of my Audi Dealers have told me that it is EXACTLY THE SAME>... no difference... and ... they are only changing the warranty from 3 years to 4 years... its NOT getting faster......I don't know where you people get this stuff from...maybe that was from Euro model. NOT U.S.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Does anyone know the after-tax pricing of say the D package (at $46510)? I know both sales taxes will apply (14% here in BC), but how does the luxury tax and misc other charges and fees work? Did someone say 54k at some point?

Ty

·
Registered
239 Posts
wait.... canada uses dollars as a currency too right? or at least the dollar symbol... and isn't 1 american dollar worth more than 1 canadian dollar (or whatever that $ means). for example this book in my hand cost $11.95 in US currency... and $15.95 in Canadian currency.. are we just overlooking the difference in currency? or md11, have u converted those canadian dollars to american dollars already?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
With the exchange rate approximately:

US$1 ~ CAD$1.5

US$31,000 ~ CAD46,500 <----WOW!

Therefore:
CAD42000 ~ US28,000

Canada seems to have a cheaper base price. But with all the misc. taxes added on, I don't know.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remember...in the end we have to pay for sh!t like freight and other taxes...

best to look at the final price that you are taking out of your wallet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
9 Participants
SteveB
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing