Registered
6,488 Posts
Holy crap!

Three things come to mind.

1. Glad your OK.

2. New exhaust and plugged catalytic = Flame and go

or....

3. Exhaust and fuel tank leak = Flame and go

either way, thats really scarey. What would have happened if the car was parked inside of the house?

Digger08

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
A bad starter could do this too.

My dads old tercel blew up in our driveway LOL.

Poor guy went inside to heat up some food after the car wouldnt start, then BOOM lmao.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm glad your OK! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION...Did your car have a CHECK ENGINE light???

If it did, it might have been a EVAP code. Cars are VERY sensitive to fuel leaks. If there was a code...you might be driving with a fuel leak that you dont know.

BTW, this is a wake up call for those out there driving with a check engine light...no one knows what it is until you check it.

BEST OF LUCK MAN!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I'm glad your OK! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION...Did your car have a CHECK ENGINE light???

If it did, it might have been a EVAP code. Cars are VERY sensitive to fuel leaks. If there was a code...you might be driving with a fuel leak that you dont know.

BTW, this is a wake up call for those out there driving with a check engine light...no one knows what it is until you check it.

BEST OF LUCK MAN!

ouch I should definately get my code checked out. Crester if I can make it to the meet could you bring your code reader? I still haven't gotten it checked out yet :S

·
Registered
473 Posts
When's the next meet coming up? I have a code reader as well. I can help you guys if you want. Who else here is a auto technician??? Crester? Digger? you guys seem to know ALOT about cars. When i try to explain stuff here i will try to simplify it...the way digger and crester explains is like tech to tech....no offense!:)

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Next meet should be April 26th at GP Kartways and Dave & Busters!

Jahn... I'll gladly check that code for you.

ricky... I'm not an auto technician... my brain just thinks I am... lol If at any time I say something too technical... somebody can let me know and I'll try and explain it another way to them. I guess you're basing this on my transmission thread? Sometimes you want to know a bit more than the transmission adapts to your driving... the engineer in you wants to know HOW.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
auto tech in training :p

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
**TEAR.

i cant imagine how that guys feels! that truuly sucks.

Look at the door handles, the melted to RAAASSSS! lol

to i hear a part out?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
480 Posts
Holy crap!

Three things come to mind.

1. Glad your OK.

2. New exhaust and plugged catalytic = Flame and go

or....

3. Exhaust and fuel tank leak = Flame and go

either way, thats really scarey. What would have happened if the car was parked inside of the house?

Digger08
This happened on my parents street after a guy brought hgis car back from the shop! As long as you keep the garage door (inside and outside one) closed, the fire will smoother itself out or be contained till firefighters get there! DON'T open the interior door to the garage b/c it will flash over and say goodbye to your house and possibly your life!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts