Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 2000, prime minister chretien campaigned and said he would shut down private MRI clinics that had sprouted up to meet demand. The median wait time for an MRI in Canada is 12.4 weeks. Their reasoning was that the private clinics undermine the ideal of universal health care.

Then to top that, the Canadian health minister tells the health ministers that they are violating the Canada Health act by not covering the fees of abortions paid by citizens at private clinics rather than at public facilities since I guess abortion is so medically necessary, it is alright to have private facilities perform it.

What a crock of shit.

http://report.ca/archive/report/20010205/p22i010205f.html

·
Registered
298 Posts
Your subject is a little overboard. No country is perfect and everyone has their own opinion. That is what makes our countries a democracy. At least any citizen in Canada can get an MRI (even if they have to wait). The same cannot be said for low income earners in the US who cannot afford medical coverage.

Don't mess with Canada... or we will send in our one battleship to distroy you! :roll: :shame:

[/i]

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
weird - my sister lives in Australia where there is also gov health car - most people have extra insurance so they can afford to go to private physicians and clinics......

my neice is in med school down there - she's going to be visiting in couple of weeks and I'm interested in asking her how that works out for the docs in terms of salaries

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
azure_sea
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing