Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what kind of drops u have w/ what kit/etc. and most of all, if u can make it on the track at a carwash. I'm kinda sketchy since i put on my lip...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Personally, I never used automated car washes. I love hand washing my baby. I think you get a better job done doing it yourself. Plus you get to go over with detail and make sure there isnt any scratched or dents that might have happened.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Never tried. =]

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Stay away from auto-wash land..

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
problem is, I live in an apartment in LA. I wish, but I can't wash it on my own...

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I tried it once when I first got the car, back in 01-bone stock and yes it does fit the track of the car wash. After that, I just do my own car wash.

·
Registered
386 Posts
JDMEyeS said:
problem is, I live in an apartment in LA. I wish, but I can't wash it on my own...
There are self wash car places.. it only cost like 2 bucks and you wash your car yourself

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Lvangundy said:
Stay away from auto-wash land..
LoL.. yeah.. word. I never used automated car washes ever since I bought this car.

·
Registered
630 Posts
i've had a 6th gen accord with an OEM body kit dropped 2.5" and i've made it over the tracks. I've also had no problems with my IS eibach drop with lsportline kit there is plenty of room.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
I wouldnt do it, i went to a place one time with my 02 corvette, the owner sinsisted he has run plenty of vettes through his wash. So i agreed. Pulled the splash gaudr right off the front bumper which ended up cracking the fiberglass and i had to replace the whole front bumper. Hand wash for then on, i touch my baby and nothing or no one else. They did fix the vette which was nice cause i had no more rock chips ;) But its beside the point. Hand wash, no towels, just a choimis (spelling??) cause towels swirl(spiderweb) your paint.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I did it yesterday..with the greddy front lip, 18's..no drop, but its an 01' so its low..2 fingers in front and 2.5 in back...It cleared but it looked scary..just maybe a little more than a quarter inch clearance...and be aware some places have higher tracks than others...

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
only automated car wash i have ever used was the touch free carwashes. a little expensive but they use really good cleaning products.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
After I got my H&Rs on, I almost got hung up on a touch-free carwash. I usually stay away from them, but some hydraulic fluid got on my ride from the lift we used to install the springs.

My vote: go to a do-it-yourself place, the kind with the stall and the spray gun. Just don't use the brush.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I usually do my own washes, but sometimes you gotta just do it to get 'er done before you take the ladies out... With an Eibach drop, 19s and a Stillen kit, I fit with about a 1/8" to spare. the dude at the car wash thought it was going to hit... We stopped the whole production line to check clearance. I bet if I had stuff in the trunk, I bet it would have hit.

·
Whatever they say I am...
2,700 Posts
Once a month a let the people do it, I got 19's with no drop and it makes through fine. But I have some H & R springs on the way...dont know how thats going to work...I might be hand washing from this point on out......

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
What people here don't understand is that in LA, the automated car was is just a track with like 10 messicans that handwash your car as it goes along the conveyor and gets sprayed by soap and water.

Of course this isn't as good as your own hand wash, but I'd say its not as bad as the fully automated car washes.

Plus, its really hard to find a "pay and spray" around here. I do know of one, but sometimes its just easier to go to the automated wash place.

My car with eibachs and a Cwest barely fit on the track. My Lsportline fits fine.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
I would stay away. Trust no one with your pride and joy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts