Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some slotted rotors about 7 months ago and now when I brake the car steering wheel shakes a little. I am assuming one rotor is warped or needs to be turned. Can this be done with a slotted one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, if you look at the outside edge of the rotor you will see the "MIN" Thickness in thousands, (side with vents in it) just make sure you do not go past this thickness...

Chris

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just slotted ones you can. But if it's cross drilled, i don't think you can do those. At least on mly old car that's what the guy told me when i put in some cross drilled ones.

-D

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
bucd said:
Just slotted ones you can. But if it's cross drilled, i don't think you can do those. At least on mly old car that's what the guy told me when i put in some cross drilled ones.

-D
naw it's possible...kanine21 just had his brembo slotted/drilled done...

it's the exact same process...its just the slots get shallower each time...and the diagonal cut on the surface of the holes get shallower...soon the angle will be perpendicular to the surface

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.