Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some dealers can "say" they are doing your upgrades and dont do squat. Keeping that in mind. Is there any physical proof that you have received the new Trac ECU. ie: Where is it(TRAC ECU) located? You guys know what I mean. I would like to check for myself that the work was actually done. Thanx. Rich.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yes, thats an easy one.

Stay With Your Car While The Tech Does The Service

I've always stayed with my cars while it's being serviced.

BTW, if they tell you its against their rules they are lying.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The Tech who did the ECU/Trac fix on my IS300 is actually a poster on this forum. He invited me to come into the service area and watch him do the fix. Took about 15 minutes. (By the way, the only difference I've noticed is the slow-speed throttle hesitation seems to be gone!)

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like a plan, but some dealerships do not allow customers in the work areas. But i will see whati can do. Thanx.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Originally posted by BigDaddyRich:
I know some dealers can "say" they are doing your upgrades and dont do squat. Keeping that in mind. Is there any physical proof that you have received the new Trac ECU. ie: Where is it(TRAC ECU) located? You guys know what I mean. I would like to check for myself that the work was actually done. Thanx. Rich.
Regarding the trac ecu, you can't tell. The new ecu has the same part number as the old ecu. The ecu program can only be verified by using the same device that re-flashed the ecu. A calibration ID can be read. The new calibration ID number should have 1200 as the last four numbers. I guess if you want to tell the dealer that you don't trust them, make them show you the calibration id number. Believe it or not, dealerships don't just park your car in the back and "don't do squat". Your going to have a real hard time trying to constantly verify everything the dealer does everytime you bring your car in for a repair or service.

[ June 12, 2001: Message edited by: DevilDog66 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts