Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I was wondering if there was a way that I can make my front sidemarkers into a blinkers. I would want it to blink when my turn signal is on, but stay lit like normal when a signal is not on. Thanks! 8)

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. I think it would look good. It would be cheaper than buying the altezza one and trying that shit. C'mon, help me guys :chill:

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
It prob wouldn't be too hard at all. Just wire them directly to your turn signals.

Cool idea.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
cool cool

Im sure you can do it if you don't care about money. 8) i have a guy in cincy that can pretty much make anything work if its even slightly possible. So my advice is find somewhere like this where you can go and talk to them about it. I'm actually bout to purchase some of those myself and i like that idea! Thanks :chill:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Aubie83 said:
Okay so just splice the wires, that is all?? :-?
I would be careful about doing just that -- When you tap into the other blinking lights, you reduce the impedance and increase the current coming from the blinker relay. That'll most likely cause it to blink faster and make your car look rice-ish.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
ShapeShifterz said:
Aubie83 said:
Okay so just splice the wires, that is all?? :-?
I would be careful about doing just that -- When you tap into the other blinking lights, you reduce the impedance and increase the current coming from the blinker relay. That'll most likely cause it to blink faster and make your car look rice-ish.
You will probably need to use a resistor to lower the impedence. I think.

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Ialready did that... justa few wire splices..... I tried it alternating blink with turn signal.. but I like the simultaneous sidemarker and turn signal blink pattern much better.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, forget about it. I dont have the skills to do this. And thats all I need is my blinkers going 90 to nothing. :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Aubie83
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing