Discussion Starter #1
LOL.

I think we can....

The build Log will start in about a week or so..... after I can get my car back

:)

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
I highly doubt it. There's barely enough space to fit the full size spare. I tried using my brother's SC300 wheel with high profile tires, and it won't fit. Basically 16 inch rims with high profile is a bad idea for a spare in the trunk.
lol....he's talking about an 18" sub :lol:

Dres, I think you can do it nooooooooo problem! If you need any help give me a shout. I''ve got an air compressor and a nail gun now so I can bang out like 3 quality boxes a week.

What 18 are you doing? 19ov2, FI variant? Audioque and DD don't make 18's do they?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hmm...well I gave up on trying to fit two 15"'s...but one 18" should be a lot easier than that...Or at least I would imagine it would be.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
It really just depends on the amount of space that is required for a woofer like that.

PS: My 5000th post.....IN THIS THREAD!!!

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
An 18"??

Damn... I hope it's an IB woofer.... DD makes an 18", the 3518e... but there's no way it would go in an IS300 trunk. Sucker needs like six cubes.

And jumpshot... Audio Designs of Atlanta got two IDQ-15s in an IS300.

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
An 18"??

Damn... I hope it's an IB woofer.... DD makes an 18", the 3518e... but there's no way it would go in an IS300 trunk. Sucker needs like six cubes.
Ahhh, your right, I missed that one.

You could get 6 cubes in an IS300 trunk for sure. You would loose all usability of the trunk but it's doable.

EDIT: I just noticed the sensitivity on the 3518e is 93db.....damn!

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
DD 18s are freaking ELF weapons. I heard a 9917 once and thought I was gonna die. I literally had trouble walking afterwards.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
damn..... you want a sub bigger than my rims. You're not going to get any clarity out of those subs. It's just gonna sound like a drum.

Not true at all.

18s can be just as musical as a freaking 10. Think about it... they have to move less than 1/4 of the distance to move the same amount of air.

·
Premium Member
25,468 Posts
Somebody posted a link here... I tried to find it again, but no luck.

+reppage for anybody that finds the car...

It was an infinite baffle install of course. No box. Just a baffle board...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes It Do Fit Is Just That You Gotta Get The Box Made If Your From Around My Way You Can Get It Done In Jerome In The Bronx New York

·
Registered
636 Posts
how much is this setup gonna weigh????

·
\/ Awesome \/
11,398 Posts
hungry fella? there ya go...

There's an article about the car in a CA&E magazine last summer. I'm sure you can find some info about it on their website.
It must have a false floor that is raised quite a bit. Look through the ski pass and check out where the bottom of the 15's sit. Then check out how that point is below the plexiglass in the trunk view. I would guess the trunk floor is raised about 6-8" from normal.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
it is raised. in the CA&E article they said the amp rack can flip up to pull out the spare. but yes i do agree that amp rack is pretty thick...i wonder if it really can swivel up high enough to get the spare. the way our spare is put in you have to lift the tire vertically for a lil bit before you can pull it out. there's not much room in the spare well to "angle" the tire out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts