Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its kinda my fault for not checking but here it goes,
recently my car's transmission started acting up, sometimes when im going from Parked to Drive, the gear wouldnt catch on, as i step on the pedal, instead of accelerating,it would hesitate and eventually it would go in gear. this has happened maybe 6 times in the last 2 months and it only happens during start up. anyway i checked my fluid for the first since they changed it and i noticed that it was overfilled, not sure if this is the cause of the problem but if it is, could they be held liable? i got it changed about 6 months ago and never bothered to check.
i have an 02 is with 102k miles.

thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Its been too long of a period to know or even blame Lexus for this. If you were experiencing problems within 1-5 days of getting service then it would be possible, so chances are no.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you actually have any damage to your car? Get the excess fluid out, see if it happens again...if it doesn't, amen and get on with it. No need making something out of nothing.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
are you checking the fluid level properly?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I am a lex cert tech.. we deal with this issues all the time....the answer would be no..

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I am a lex cert tech.. we deal with this issues all the time....the answer would be no..
ditto...I would know as well....;)

and its way out of warranty too....if you noticed the problem within a week of having the service done, then they probably would have at least looked at it again free of charge, but not 6 months later...sorry....

Reactions: -Tom-

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Can I chime in too? hehe I'm in TSops position but for another manufacturer....

#1 It never hurts to double check the work performed even before you leave the dealership.
#2 All day long I hear "Hey I was in there 6 months ago....for an oil change...and my check engine light is on...." Like we're responsible? Sorry no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts